Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

miss under load v6

maddog vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
hey there . recently got a vs v6 wagon as work vehicle . anyway previous owner has maintained it religiously always replacing faulty parts and so on . anyway it has just developed a miss under load . sometimes worse than others ,sometimes hardly noticeable . checked the fault codes and comes up with 97 which directs me to the carbon cannister and emission control. cant fault the system after repeatedly going over it .has anyone had a similar problem and rectified it .
whats the best way of cleaning injectors also . cheers

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
I would first check your coilpacks anf DFI for cracks or any signs of corrosion or damage, thats normally the first place to look if it starts missing under load.

maddog vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
thanks

coil packs have been replaced recently but will check out DFI . thanks mate.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Sounds electrical so go for the simple fixes first - plugs are cheap to replace....then leads. Quickest cheapest way to clean injectors is with injector cleaner in the fuel tank otherwise it becomes costly.
Reset the codes and test again. Good Luck.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Would start with the spark plug leads. Cheap and easy, most likely to fix your problem. Couldnt hurt to do the spark plugs while youre there.

maddog vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
changed the basics

new plugs , leads .fuel filter. new coil pack . still missing under load . today it started to miss as soon as you depressed the accellorator.starts and idles fine but as soon as you apply the gas it splutters . checked the fault codes again comes up 97 .emmission control and carbon cannister .thoroughly checked that too . all seems good

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
code 97 is the canister purge solenoid. i assume you found it , but if not its a little black box at the back of the engine at the top, just near the fuel pressure reg. I had that code once when the connecter came off the solenoid. could be that , or a blocked line going to it , a dead solenoid , or who knows what. If you only got 1 new coil pack did you try it in all 3 positions ?