Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Missing Aerial....

Eric Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF International
Picked up my new car the other day, VF International. I only realized yesterday afternoon that for some reason the Aerial is missing but the radio still works fine....

The aerial appears to be just a little black screw in type thing, should i hit up the dealer i bought it from and ask where it is? I just don't know what to do considering the radio reception seems to be perfectly fine...

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I would ask them for one. Two types of antenna used. One with GPS and the other without. Car should have an antenna.

Eric Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF International
I would ask them for one. Two types of antenna used. One with GPS and the other without. Car should have an antenna.

Yep, just contacted the dealer before... Said he didn't realize it was missing but he's going to give me a spare he's got.... should be all good..... the international doesn't have the GPS system in it so i'm guessing the aerial i'm chasing is the one without gps?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
The aerial appears to be just a little black screw in type thing

Something like this?:

82AD115E-0601-44C9-8111-FC09A5325C41.jpeg

If so, it's commonly known as a 'bee sting aerial' (for obvious reasons). A lot of people dislike the long thin factory one and replace them with these.

Eric Gleeson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF International
Something like this?:

View attachment 205526

If so, it's commonly known as a 'bee sting aerial' (for obvious reasons). A lot of people dislike the long thin factory one and replace them with these.

Yeah I'm not too concerned whether it's factory model or this beesting type one, I think the longer factory version looks a bit more stylish maybe thats just me.... but i just don't like the fact that they're a simple screw in job.... makes it a target for thieves -_-

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Yeah I'm not too concerned whether it's factory model or this beesting type one, I think the longer factory version looks a bit more stylish maybe thats just me.... but i just don't like the fact that they're a simple screw in job.... makes it a target for thieves -_-

That's the first time I've ever heard the cheap and nasty looking OEM aerial referred to as stylish.

Go the bee sting as the long OEM one starts to flick back and bash on the back windscreen at around 280km/h and that can become annoying for the rear seat passengers.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

Who on earth would wanna steal one of those anyway...