Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Missing parts advice

ickus74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Hi I was hoping to get some help, does anyone know if the following parts would have been defiantly been fitted to a 2016 SSV.
Have had it in for repairs after hitting a roo, and I'm sure these parts were there before the repairs, but the repairer said that they weren't.
I had a look at the gm parts store and they seem to be listed on the Chevy SS so I would assume they were fitted to our cars but just want to be sure.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Absorber - GM (92279806)
Air Guide - GM (92456823)
Side Baffle - GM (92295825 Right) (92295824 Left)

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Air guide and baffles yes they should be there, energy absorber is a grey area as I can't recall seeing a VF at work with 1 on it

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
The Absorber was on my SS-V wagon , sit's just in front of the front bumper reo ,December 2015 build , MY 2016 , I can't recall the other parts , but i'm guessing they were , i only removed the bumper
EDIT : Once you've confirmed it , send an email to you insurer and insist its repaired properly , be sure to tell them how dodgy there repairer is

Last edited:

ickus74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I have been in touch with my insurance, and it will be going back, just want to be 100% sure. thanks

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
absorber i would think should be there as its part of the safety/impact area, may even help support the bumper, should be able to check with holden i would think

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Have checked the vf I have at work and it does have all 4 of those bits

ickus74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Just been in to see the repairer, they were supprised and shocked that the parts were missing and at the other issues I had and agreed to rectify it.
Thanks for everyones help, wasn't 100% sure if all the were there as my mate vf2 also does have these parts.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
“they were supprised and shocked that the parts were missing and at the other issues I had”...

More like they were shocked and surprised that you noticed. They are probably annoyed that they have to dip into their “profit margin” to do what they know they should have done all along...

It’s all part of the cost cutting to boost profits game that they all play. Good job in catching them out and getting your vehicle repaired to pre accident condition :cool: