Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Missing parts advice

ickus74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
“they were supprised and shocked that the parts were missing and at the other issues I had”...

More like they were shocked and surprised that you noticed. They are probably annoyed that they have to dip into their “profit margin” to do what they know they should have done all along...

It’s all part of the cost cutting to boost profits game that they all play. Good job in catching them out and getting your vehicle repaired to pre accident condition :cool:
Exactly, trust me I'll be going over it with a fine toothed comb again, you have to wonder though how many are ripped off not good.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Exactly, trust me I'll be going over it with a fine toothed comb again, you have to wonder though how many are ripped off not good.
Problems is one doesn’t really know exactly how they’ve repaired the car and whether they’ve used correct parts (or inferior, possibly dangerous Chinese knock offs)...

As is, it takes a trained eye and skill in repair methods to really know if things have been done well and that’s something most people simply don’t have in their arsenal..

You’ve done well to spot something was NQR and acted appropriately, so kudos to you. Many would have had no clue and simply driven off after being ripped off :oops:

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
Yeah, some can't be trusted! I had a Hyper Yellow VU Storm. It got hit in a door. It was supposed to be fixed with new parts. A couple of years later I was installing some new speakers in the door and I peeled back some trim and found that the door was originally painted blue!

SSV 407

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Panel beater should be named and shamed.
Only way they will listen!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Naming and shaming on social media these days is liable to see you in court on a defamation suit.
Dissatisfaction by word of mouth is/was hard to prove in the days gone by.
A negative review of a hotel / motel / tourist attraction can result in 'fees' for cleaning, administrative costs and anything else they can think of that can be legally justified.
I would liked to have posted negative comments regarding refunds from places / airlines / activities that we had to cancel due to COVID and the procrastination of the travel insurance company ..... but, nah. I'm in the same situation as a lot of other people, not worth the potential hassle.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Taking emotion away from reviews and only stating indisputable verifiable facts shouldn’t lead to putative measures.

It definitely won’t lead to a court loss but a shitty company may want to make your life a misery as a warning to others and they are happy to pay for the privilege. For such low life companies it becomes a deterrent to one and all not to mess with them (very much a Trump behaviour)..