Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Missing Person!!! Can you help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Ok its 12.53 in the morning, I've been up since 4am and was lying in bed trying to get to sleep when I had a strange thought about someone I used to know.....

...and so I Just had a brainwave.....OK mine are usually dangerous.....but.......

If it is true that everyone knows everyone via some person in their life by the power of what ever it is then if I needed to find someone this would be a great spot to find them....right?

There are how many members here now? Well lets say my buddies in arms here know 10 people and their mates know at least 10 people and so on, how long would it be until you could find the person you where looking for? That person may already be a part of this great site...who knows.

Ok a little experiment...I hope she does not mind...BUT I want help to find some long lost friends, I'll start with someone who I lost contact with a long time ago and see how it pans out.

Name (last known by).....
Gender.........................
Last seen.....................
Town...........................
Age ............................
Children .......................

I hope this works because I think it would be great see how it goes!!!

If you know .......... let me know, tell her Guy said Hi!!

Thanks for the help, regards Guy.

p.s. This is for real...................send me a message if you wish via p.m.

Last edited:

Locksmiff

Reaction score
Good idea, so if all these people we havernt seen in ages names etc get posted up here. I shouldn't find it hard, if YOU put up enuff details to be able to impersonate them at a bank etc.

Another thought. I might wanna be a madman tomorrrow or something, or how bout the madman, or impersonator wait for a few months so the thread fills up with more identifiable info, and ..........................

ITs a good idea, but unthought fully out. This forum is world readable.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Locksmith I disagree totally with you. The information Guy has posted is the same as you can find on schoolfriends.

It's not like this thread is going to end up with bank account details, Centrelink referance numbers and copies of your birth certificate.

I think it's a great idea Guy. What your talking about is basically the six degrees of seperation.

It is believed that everyone on Earth is separated from anyone else by no more than six degrees of separation, or six friends of friends of friends.

I had a friend in High School at Christies Beach called David Woods. He moved to Queensland in 1979 with his parents and younger sister and I lost touch with him. David would be around 41/42. I would love to catch up with him so if anyone knows him, let me know.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
While it's a good idea in theory, I have to agree with Locky. It's actually a breach of privacy, posting personal details in this manner. Sites like School Friends and the like offer a little more security than a public forum. You also have to remember that some people don't want to be found for whatever reason/s, be it by the original poster or any other casual browser.

Personally I like the idea that I can do a search on my full name without any results, and I've got absolutely nothing to hide, it's just privacy. The government and related agencies keep enough tabs on us as it is, the net will just end up being another medium for investigations both legitamate and not so.

I think we should cease posting names until Admin has given this the go ahead or sent it packing, the latter being the most sensible option.

Last edited:

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
I recommend you try the Electoral Roll. It's even better if you can narrow it down by knowing the persons middle name.
I know you can just walk into the local electoral office and ask to see the roll, as a couple of mates have done it.

I can't really see any problem with board members posting "anyone know this person" type stuff...anyone wants to find me, just ask... :D
I suppose though that in todays lawsuit society, there could be problems...one moron spoiling it for everyone... :b:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN?

last seen in a cave...
0,1020,258944,00.jpg

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
hahaha Good one Troy :D

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I'm looking for him too, last year he was my secret santa, and god damn he gave me the worst present ever..This dodgy ass white powder.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Oh come on, you wannabe goodie two shoes should think about it a little. The information we have: first name, last name, APPROXIMATE age in years. You can gather this information from asking someone standing at a bus stop. This is exactly the information that is printed in newspapers and shown on TV news coverage when someone is convicted of a crime. They dont seem to be in any danger and there are never any lawsuits brought against media outlets for this. They even supply photos! Thats because its not illegal. You'd think that these people would be in more danger because they are convicted criminals, but apparently not.

He didnt nick her credit card and post those details, nor her phone number. Give him a break. Hey, heres an idea - give him a hand, help him find the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.