Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Missing vx 3.8 , even after new injectors and coil pack

Rastawayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vx v6
No I didn't, I have just ordered one , I didn't realise it was such an important part

Rastawayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vx v6
Righto , DFI changed , plugs and leads changed , coil packs changed, injectors changed.. and be buggered it's still running up the **** , I can just lean in and start it and it just idles .. just a little rough I guess , if I give it a boot full it chokes and misses and almost sounds like it's starving for fuel ..I can slowly run it up to 5500rpm and it sounds really nice but then breaks down really bad ... I am used to working on my old 202s and 308s and the likes , this has got me beat

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Righto , DFI changed , plugs and leads changed , coil packs changed, injectors changed.. and be buggered it's still running up the **** , I can just lean in and start it and it just idles .. just a little rough I guess , if I give it a boot full it chokes and misses and almost sounds like it's starving for fuel ..I can slowly run it up to 5500rpm and it sounds really nice but then breaks down really bad ... I am used to working on my old 202s and 308s and the likes , this has got me beat
Where were the parts sourced from?

Rastawayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vx v6
Online and cheap lucky enough because nothing has changed much ... I am thinking it's probably the fuel filter , no record of servicing in 25k , maybe

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
How's the vacuum hoses? Almost sound like a vacuum leak.

Rastawayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vx v6
All appear ok , have removed them while it's idling , have heard a difference, might remove all and lube maybe , cheers

Bay 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT.
Could be one of the sensor throwing out the timing, or a fuel injector, some other issues I read on this is the harness going to the DFI, the pins don't make a solid contact or a wire leading off the harness may be faulty. Some food for thought take it or leave it. PS U can use a test light and test your pulse wires to see if they getting power to your injectors.
Been the engine was cooked just maybe one of the lifters is rooted hence the ticking.. Good hunting...

Rastawayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vx v6
Thanks mate , food for thought , will check those avenues.. just changed the fuel filter and the fuel smells really old as well, going to put fresh fuel in it

ChocolateCharlie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Executive
I'm interested to see how you go with this, keep us posted.

Rastawayne

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vx v6
Have now replaced the ICM , still the same , drove the car 300ks to work and still has a miss , has a dead spot in it as well , did not get hot at all even sitting it up on 140-150 for extended periods (I am out in the bush of course) , have now ordered a fuel pump and throttle position sensor