Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mist/Frost annoyance, how to prevent?

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
My car always seems to be the target for frost in the morning, and late at night, and the inside of my windscreen is always fogged up at these times. I was wondering if there is anything I can put on them/clean them with to prevent this from happening so much? What does everyone else do to deal with this problem?

I did buy this RainX Original stuff from Big W, mainly bcuz I'd never seen anything like it before, but it did bugger all, so I was hoping there is another brand of something that does what this one claims?

I do manage to clear the inside windscreen by turning to demister, turning fans to high and putting air con on, but that still takes a couple of mins to get it nice and clear again.

Please don't say to wipe it with a towel or something :) lol.

Thanks

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
sorry to burst ya bubble man but wiping is the key! I got a Vr and she gets a little fogged on the windows in the mornin I got one of those windscreen wiper thingos like they have in the petrol station cleaning part, but mines very basic and all plastic. 30secs of my time saves me a hell of a hassle waiting for it to defog..

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
yeah one of those window wipers is the best thing leave it in the boot
park it under a carport if ya can if not not much ya can do

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
aight damn... I actually bought a window wiper for that reason, but I left it at my mums house when I moved and haven't got it yet lol. Will have to pop round soon i think :).

thanks

kingky07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS SER II
yeah its just the unfixable that alot of us that park out in the open are dealing with! i grabed one from crazy clarks its the double sided one with the cleaner side same as the servos have but usable for just $7 they had just the squeegy for $2 to short a handle for me. woth the investment!

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
its just morning dew pretty much..and for a little fun fact..dew is the most common cause of rust because it sits on your car where as rain and water beads off it..you can either use a window wiper as said before or just run the hose over the window for a second and its gone..i get it aswell at 4 in the morning going to work..makes seeing fun sometimes thru the rear vision mirror..cus as we all know sedans dont have rear window wipers:thumbsup:

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Smoking inside the car like I do puts a film of misty looking stuff on the inside of the windscreen, only way to get rid of it is to have the air-con on de-mist for a few seconds. I've heard armour-all contributes to this as well.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2