Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mist washer jets

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
mine has a delay after it has not been used for a while.
I guess I use mine maybe once a week because using them = needing to clean my car to remove the streaks. I'm thinking of adding a non return valve at the hinges on the bonnet to try and reduce the delay

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Sorry I forgot to try on my drive home tonight. I'll be out in it again tomorrow and will try to remember to try it then.

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
Sorry I forgot to try on my drive home tonight. I'll be out in it again tomorrow and will try to remember to try it then.
No worries, cheers for that. I'll ask my dealership tomorrow to see of they know but guessing they'll have no idea and have no other ZBs to check

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Tried it a couple of times today. Water from the washer jets was hitting the screen by the time the wipers had started on their way down on the first wipe. So basically only a dry screen for the first upwards swipe.

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
Tried it a couple of times today. Water from the washer jets was hitting the screen by the time the wipers had started on their way down on the first wipe. So basically only a dry screen for the first upwards swipe.
Thanks for that, same with mine. Asked today when picking up my car and yeah they just confirmed it's cause the water drains back in-between squirts so I guess I'll look at putting a one way valve near the bonnet hinge

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I didn't think it was a problem. However the valve could go almost anywhere. So long as the water cannot drain back your problem is solved as the tubes will remain full of water.

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
I didn't think it was a problem. However the valve could go almost anywhere. So long as the water cannot drain back your problem is solved as the tubes will remain full of water.
I guess I'm annoyed that this is even a thing - all my previous cars were Toyota's and when using them would spray instantly so I got use to it. 20 year old cars had this right haha. Ahwell atleast I know it's the "norm" thank you for taking the time to post

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Here's the ones I ordered
The shipping was alot less than other sellers for sending to NZ - note the part numbers are different but can confirm they're the mist type and they fit. My total cost was US $33 for a set (shipping and tax/gst included)

thanks for that, mine finally arrived today 1 month on from your post when i ordered them but it is one of the best mods the zb needs, they make a huge difference.

some pictures for others looking to fix the problem in the zb...
the difference between the 2 so if you are looking at the part to buy dont buy the one with 3 jets.
1.jpg

to get the old one off stick a flat blade where the arrow is and twist and the grey collar will pop down.
3.jpg

like this
4.jpg

then you can just pull the old one out, make sure you slide the grey collar back up and then pop the new one in
2.jpg

Last edited:

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Thanks for the fitting instructions and pictures. Mine arrived over a week ago. Haven't had time to fit them yet.

Been ordering up, have a AAWireless unit on its way and about to order a later model wireless charging pocket which works with most wireless charging phones unlike the one that came with the car.

I'll have to have a "fitting day" some time soon.

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
thanks for that, mine finally arrived today 1 month on from your post when i ordered them but it is one of the best mods the zb needs, they make a huge difference.

some pictures for others looking to fix the problem in the zb...
the difference between the 2 so if you are looking at the part to buy dont buy the one with 3 jets.
1.jpg

to get the old one off stick a flat blade where the arrow is and twist and the grey collar will pop down.
3.jpg

like this
4.jpg

then you can just pull the old one out, make sure you slide the grey collar back up and then pop the new one in
2.jpg
I'm amazed they didn't include these stock as they did with the Buick regals - definitely one of my favourite mods so far... I've also ordered a few one way valves so I have instant water when I use my wipers too