Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mitch's Babadore

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
I like the tb. Good to see something different. Once you get your pod filters and scoop so it's not sucking in hot air I don't think it would be loosing any power? And I think by stage three chip he might mean the chip that came with the stage 3 cam rusty!

Welcome to jc hehe.

Jack_vs_BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs BT1
v6 vengence noticed a drop in power with twin throttles there just isn't any point running an intake diameter that big unless its running at full noise when you drive down the street to get milk, they make sense for burnout cars thats about it.

as for the engine, throwing a crow stage 3 into an otherwise stock engine won't get you close to 195kw, the VE sv6s put out 195 fwkw so closer to 170rwkw, in a car that's pushing nearly 2 tonnes makes for a car that is pretty slow out of the hole the older vns and vps are carrying close to 500kgs less if youve stripped all the silly **** out.

just a bit on buicks mine has
clive cams 48A (touch bigger than crow stage 3)
double valve springs
flat top pistons
stainless valves
ported and polished heads (heaps taken out)
40 thou off the heads and block
ACL race series bottom end
HD pushrods
port matched manifold (80 thou off so it lines up)
10:1 comp
makes 165rwkw

a mate of mine has one that made 195rwkw and had it de tuned to 180 because it was impossible to drive on the street absolute pig on fuel and a nightmare in traffic

mine still puts a smile on my face and thats all that matters :)

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
as for the engine, throwing a crow stage 3 into an otherwise stock engine won't get you close to 195kw, the VE sv6s put out 195 fwkw so closer to 170rwkw, in a car that's pushing nearly 2 tonnes makes for a car that is pretty slow out of the hole the older vns and vps are carrying close to 500kgs less if youve stripped all the silly **** out.

It seems a lot of people do forget about power to weight ratio.

Jack_vs_BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs BT1
Exactly, a big standard VE sv6 isn't a fast car stock similar 1/4 mile times as a vn/vp and they are 20+ years old a mate of mine bought a nugget vn bog stock with 300,000 on the clock and ran a 16 not quick but for a 23 year old shitter it's not bad! The extra weight that the VEs are carrying makes them slow off the line plus they make most of their power high in the rev range, that being said a ve would smash an older commodore over a longer distance