Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mitsubishi is poised to introduce Australia’s first 10-year warranty

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ haha “i don’t want a side serve of asshole terms and conditions with my generous gift” :p

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
All i see on the road Mitsubishi, are Pajero Sports.

Are you guys all blind or what, one of the biggest sellers in this country now is Outlander, we've got 3 of those shite boxes in our short street alone, along with an 2xASX, Triton and Pajero Sport (Ugh) in Spanish that translates to Wanker Sport apparently and thus why the name Pajero isn't used in Spain. See below.

Screenshot (4).png

The only reason why Mitsubishi is doing so well is because they seem to be the cheapest option in each class of vehicle, so all the tightwads will gravitate towards Mitsubishi just to say I've got a new car. Big effen deal.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Geeze the Camira was a great car.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... The only reason why Mitsubishi is doing so well is because they seem to be the cheapest option in each class of vehicle, so all the tightwads will gravitate towards Mitsubishi just to say I've got a new car. Big effen deal.
Did you ever consider that for the money, these “tightwad“ alluring vehicle are simply a better cost proposition than their competitors, as seen by the buyers, and that a 10 year warranty just helps their decision.

It isn’t rocket science to understand buying cheap vehicle and holding onto it for longer will always reduce the yearly total cost of ownership. Not everyone wants an engaging driving experience in a performance machine as “normal” people simply see vehicles as an appliance to get about their daily business (since Australian public transport sucks).

So, whether you like or dislike Mitsubishi, to lump all purchasers into a “tightwad“ category is less than fair as some simply have better things to spend their money on than an expensive depreciating asset, just as it’s unfair for them to call people in performance machines with personal plates wankers... Live and let live and each to their own :p

disclaimer: I like my performance cars but don’t begrudge anyone who simply wants cheap private transport.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Maybe Mitsubishi are about to do a GM?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
A rellie bought a 2014 or there abouts 3.6 litre petrol powered Pajero.....I believe it was an NM....$6,000 later he had a new engine as a result of a crap design where the oil pick up wasn't long enough to be totally submerged in the oil.....So when used for towing, the motor got starved for oil and rattle rattle clang clang it went.....

Earlier model V6 powered Pajeros suffered badly from harmonic balancers crapping themselves and fooking the bolt that held them in place....Even going to replace the balancer before it goes resulted in that bolt fooking itself.....Fix was to have bolt drilled out and the thread re-tapped. In other words the bolt had a bad habit of stretching itself....

I won't get into one era Pajero having a specific size tyre all to itself...You try going up and the load rating is lower than what is specified on the tyre placard....So you are stuck buying that specific size for the car

So having the spanish name of wanker...Yep, you got to be to think it's cheap motoring.....Maybe cheap to buy initially, but the repairs will soon leave the wallet a little lighter for a while longer

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
The only good car Mitsubishi ever produced was the Lancer.

And Kelmscott simply wouldn't be the same without cookers in stuffed Magnas.