Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mixed info on Ecotec to L67 computers. ?? need clearing up..

voodoo VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Mixed info on Ecotec to L67 computers.

I have just fitted an L67 into my VT. Engine Gear-box, Wiring-loom all from a wrecking super-6 VT. Witch I stripped myself and fitted (car was running before I started)

I have both computers, and have been told a few things.

1, Once the computer is disconnected it will need to be re programmed.

2, The standard computer can be used with the super-6 chip to save reprogramming, ( so how on earth do you change the looms with out disconnecting the computer? Or dose this only work with running the standard loom onto the L67?

3, The standard computer will have a memory that will register once reconnected with the super-6 loom and chip.

Everything is fully fitted besides the radiator witch will be fitted in the morning.

The car has power with the ignition on the fuel pump will prime-up but when turned to the starter there is no life. I would have thought the fuel pump would have to run off the computer with the engine not on its own power?

Dose this mean the car need programming? I am trying to start with the standard computer and chip at this stage just to see if she will work.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
seems most of the VT 3.8 models both SC or non SC used the same 16233396 ecu so the ecu shouldnt be a problem.you will need the SC memcal in the ecu and wiring as it will have extra wiring for the boost control solinoid etc.

voodoo VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
seems most of the VT 3.8 models both SC or non SC used the same 16233396 ecu so the ecu shouldnt be a problem.you will need the SC memcal in the ecu and wiring as it will have extra wiring for the boost control solinoid etc.

mate i have run the super-6 loom and everything is wired up. i was just trying to get it started with the standed computer and chip just so i know where im at then i can swap the chip

but there is no life at this stage??

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
put the SC chip in now is your best bet so it doesnt blow up when it starts.did you go from auto to manual or anything maybe its just the inhibitor switch on the gear lever so it doesnt start in gear thats stopping it turning over

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you could connect direct to the starter motor spade terminal and touch it to the battery + to wind it over to see if it runs then work on why it dooesnt wind over on the key.but ide be putting the right chip in straight away.

voodoo VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
right o guys everything is fitted,

i have tried starting with the standed computer and super-6 chip. no life!!

could i be looking at something else thats stopping the engine from starting??

talking to any of the performance tecks on the gold coast all i am being told is to truck it to there workshop and they'll program it there.

the car is't really in a good place to be transported (plus its pissing down rain for maybe the next week) and i can't find a mobile service.

kart_racer

Races karts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 5M
Are you using your own original pcm (computer)? If you use one not coded to your BCM, your car will refuse to turn over. Best bet is to use the L67 Memcal in your original PCM if you aren't already.

In what way is it not starting, not turning over, not kicking?

voodoo VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Are you using your own original pcm (computer)? If you use one not coded to your BCM, your car will refuse to turn over. Best bet is to use the L67 Memcal in your original PCM if you aren't already.

In what way is it not starting, not turning over, not kicking?

mate i have the original comptuer with the L67 chip. the most that is happening is the fuel pump is priming. nothing happens from there dos't kick over or anything.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
is it auto or manual?