Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mobile Phone companies

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
most people get telstra for 3g so they can get coverage out of town which = std charges.
adds up pretty quick

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
dont go vodafone whatever you do, im with crazy johns who use vodafone and its shocking,no reception etc, i cant wait till the contract is finished.

cracker

Reaction score
vodafone/3 are garbage wouldnt even consider them a provider, hopeless very happy with telstra 100 times better

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
+1 for **** house Optus reception. I swear it's got worse in the last 12 months. When I'm working in a lot of the new suburbs in Canberra I have next to no service but everyone else who isn't with Optus have it.

I've heard that Amaysim are using Optus lines and putting money into them to improve service.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
ive been prepaid optus for the last 7 years (even with the same phone number!) and i agree the reception in certain areas has gotten pretty bad, but i dont want to change to anyone else for the fact $50 credit gives me $400 calls/text, AND THE MAJOR ONE >> FREE facebook mobile haha,

no other provider gives free facebook and most people with an iphone who uses facebook knows it chews through credit like crazy! i prefer pre-paid so i know what im spending, and unlike my housemate i dont get "surprise" $800 bills when they go over their caps!

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
[jonnoo];1823638 said:
dont know how i go over it man, go fiugre, im constantly on the phone callling and textng...

that makes me laugh, if you constantly on the phone theres your problem lol

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Go 3, same plans as vodaphone, but better reception than it, for some reason.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
virgin have some sweet deals online, just hooked up a $49 smart cap, 300 bucks of calls, 2gb of data and unlimited local text. $49 a month including phone, and if you sign up online you get $43 paid off your bill for the first 3 months

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
ive been prepaid optus for the last 7 years (even with the same phone number!) and i agree the reception in certain areas has gotten pretty bad, but i dont want to change to anyone else for the fact $50 credit gives me $400 calls/text, AND THE MAJOR ONE >> FREE facebook mobile haha,

no other provider gives free facebook and most people with an iphone who uses facebook knows it chews through credit like crazy! i prefer pre-paid so i know what im spending, and unlike my housemate i dont get "surprise" $800 bills when they go over their caps!

Actually Telstra gives free Facebook - you just have to use 0.facebook.com rather than the main Facebook address. Either way, another vote here for Telstra...I switched from Vodafone last year...yeah - its a bit more expensive, but my phone actually works now! Even before I moved away from Bundaberg I noticed I had much better reception with Telstra, not to mention I also had coverage in places where I previously didn't (such as Woodgate) And here in Longreach, Telstra is pretty much a necessity - the nearest Vodafone tower is in Emerald I believe, and from what I've heard Optus reception around here is a joke.

Like anything else - you get what you pay for!!!