Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mobile Phone companies

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
yeah i use the facebook app on the iphone though not the web browser through the normal site

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I am on an Optus unlimited plan but will be changing as soon as this contract is up. Their coverage is woeful and the extra cost for Telstra will be worth it if their coverage is better.

Reaper

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
im With 3 Mobile, I find there reception the best as it roams and just goes between telstra, optus, vodafone etc for the best phone coverage.
3 Owns vodafone. still different services i think though as my service is top unlike vodafone uses
As for iPhone anyone with smashed Glass Send me a PM ;)

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I run a business an im on my phone all way long I can go through 2 batteries in 1 day and I dont go over by $99 business cap

here is an idea use the phone less

else check out vodafone, get a prepaid card check the coverage, for my coverage is crap with call drop outs, terrible customer "service" I was offered a really nice deal to go back to vodafone, but I vowed never again. after buying the 3 network(or which ever way it went) they coverage has improved, but still not up to scratch.

scott

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
dam i shoulda made a poll
even though everyone says telstra
i love hving signal everywhere
but i think i need a unlimited cap
and so far only optus and vodafone have the best deals...

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Telstra next g, mainly because it's the only one that works out here in the sticks.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
[jonnoo];1823638 said:
telstra dont have a website where u can check ur balance like vodafone does (i think optus does too)
don't worry the vodafone website is 24-48 hours slow. so by the time you think your over you are.

[jonnoo];1823638 said:
its not really about the going over thing, cos i reall cant afford my $100 a month + my lunch every day when i i dont make 100 bucks a week...
Fill up the old school lunch box with goodies and save your hip pocket.
Man, when I was in yr12 I had pre paid. Used to charge up with 30-50 and get double the amount.
$50 would usually last me a month or more unless I was just starting to see someone, in which I might get only a couple weeks due to constant texting etc. back and forth.
My niece would do $50 in a day lol.

You should start getting your mates to call you.
Go infinite and never worry about calls and text again.

I've been with vodafone for well over a decade. i can easily speak about them from my personal experiences.

My reception is good. indoor reception equally good.
Phone drop-outs hardly ever and can't remember the last.
Phones internet speed varies. if i download a program it's pretty fast. if browsing it can be a slug sometimes.
My deal is just a cap. ive resisted the temptation of going infinite.
I also have wireless internet on my pc from vodafone. it's very good. the deal is very good. speed is very good. reception is good. it's to me so much more reliable than my old virgin wireless which i don't want to start talking about.
Now vodafone has a large down side. customer care is missing. these people at best speak "shocking English". i'm sure they don't know what deals vodafone has. No... second thoughts.. i know they don't. i once spent 69 minutes trying to upgrade my home internet deal. i was transferred 6 times, that's 6 different people i had to ask the same question to. not one of them could direct me to the correct section. which bring me to their 1555 self service phone line. it's pathetic. you never get to the right section you ask for.. So i'm very lucky the only calls i make to them is for upgrades.

Also don't hold out for 3 much longer. soon it will be all vodafone. one good thing about vodafone is they have large upgrades they are currently undergoing. it's well overdue and well needed. they like telstra should be using 4g by years end or early next. and apparently there will be something like 4000 new or upgraded towers this year. should have been last year :p.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
I've been with vodafone for well over a decade. i can easily speak about them from my personal experiences.

My reception is good. indoor reception equally good.
Phone drop-outs hardly ever and can't remember the last.
Phones internet speed varies. if i download a program it's pretty fast. if browsing it can be a slug sometimes.
My deal is just a cap. ive resisted the temptation of going infinite.

I too am with Vodafone, and have been for around 3 years now. I've never really noticed a problem with coverage to be honest. (And I'm in Tas, so if anywhere was going to have poo coverage it'd be here! :p) Indoor reception can get a bit iffy for me. Certain spots in my home, my signal will drop to one bar, and some times momentarily get nothing for a few seconds. But in saying that I think thats something to do with the house as friends and family with Telstra and 3 get the same dead spots in my house as I do.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I too am with Vodafone, and have been for around 3 years now. I've never really noticed a problem with coverage to be honest. (And I'm in Tas, so if anywhere was going to have poo coverage it'd be here! :p) Indoor reception can get a bit iffy for me. Certain spots in my home, my signal will drop to one bar, and some times momentarily get nothing for a few seconds. But in saying that I think thats something to do with the house as friends and family with Telstra and 3 get the same dead spots in my house as I do.
Do you have one of them old style thick cement like homes ?. my Aunt is with optus wireless internet. at her place it's shocking reception indoors. and they only just found it's the home.. when i first went vodafone the best reception was the the cbd, and south east of the cbd. out west it was shocking outdoors. indoors lol a joke. they have come along way. and it's good to hear vodafone is doing well for you in tassie.