Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mobile Phone companies

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
ok so... i changed from optus to telstra because optus were ####ing me around and i would get next to no signal with optus.
telstra has awesome signal but im paying $100 a month and its just getting to cost a little too much for me due to only working -10 hours a week being a year 12 student

so far iv come up with a little pro and cons list :p

telstra:
pros: great coverage, fast inernet browsing, no call dropping, iphone 4 (or 5 in near future)
cons: cost, iphone breaks and they do **** all to help me out, allwase go over my cap by a few hundred

vodafone
pro: $59 a month, uncapped, iphone 4/5, no going over cap,
cons: signal, slow internet

optus
pros: cheap $49 a month, uncapped, iphone 4/5 no going over cap plan,
cons: bad signal, average internet,

everyones first guess would be GO WITH TELSTRA!! but, i really cant afford spending 100-300 a month,
and then you say ok go with vodafone or optus and deal with crap reception all the time...

but everyone i talk to says "aw nah signal isnt bad, for the price im paying i couldnt care less"

so guys, help me decide, and i really dont want to be with telstra (their unlimited plan is like 150 bucks fark that)

duiscuss....:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Why not change to a telstra $49 cap?

Easier solution, stop going over spend limits...not sure how a year 12 student manages that...considering I use mine for business and do not go over?

Jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Why not change to a telstra $49 cap?

Easier solution, stop going over spend limits...not sure how a year 12 student manages that...considering I use mine for business and do not go over?

the telstra $49 cap has $450 calls and texts,
the one im on now is the $79 plan +the 20 extra a month for the iphone is $800calls,
dont know how i go over it man, go fiugre, im constantly on the phone callling and textng,
and i cant stop going over as telstra dont have a website where u can check ur balance like vodafone does (i think optus does too)

its not really about the going over thing, cos i reall cant afford my $100 a month + my lunch every day when i i dont make 100 bucks a week...

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
*faceplam*

$150 phone + pre-paid. Win.

How did they even let you get a plan if you have stuff all income?

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Vodafone is ####ing useless unless you are in the city and outside all the time, there signal is ****, there plans arnt that good when you look at them properly and there customer service is ####ed.

Telstra is by far the best but expensive, Optus is the compromise. I was with TPG which were cheaper then Optus, when I compared actual call costs etc to Telstra, it was not alot more a month for better signal (I could actually use my cap) and decent internet, oh and thats also with an iPhone 4, appose to no phone prior.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
[QUOTE='[jonnoo]
and i cant stop going over as telstra dont have a website where u can check ur balance like vodafone does (i think optus does too).[/QUOTE]

You can for telstra now.

How you can blow credit and caps like that is amazing, i use the $49 dollar cap from telstra business (iphone 4) and basically sit on my phone all day

If you can afford it. By a POS laptop and a webcam and use skype.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Man, when I was in yr12 I had pre paid. Used to charge up with 30-50 and get double the amount.
$50 would usually last me a month or more unless I was just starting to see someone, in which I might get only a couple weeks due to constant texting etc. back and forth.

You should start getting your mates to call you.

I'm with three now (effectively vodaphone), on a $49 cap, unlimited txt msg and about $450 worth of calls a month.
Its not often I go out of service areas so haven't had any issues with that.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
i was with telstra and left because of the charges, went to vodafone worst thing i have ever done with a phone not even reception at home, went to optus better reception but ended up going back to telstra, will stay there from now on.
i have the $49 cap plan that minux has and have never gone over it either.

Jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
How did they even let you get a plan if you have stuff all income?

they dont really care as long as they get the money

Vodafone is ####ing useless unless you are in the city and outside all the time, there signal is ****, there plans arnt that good when you look at them properly and there customer service is ####ed.
yea i know how shitty vodaphne signal is but i think for the money ur paying it is more worth it, and with the more people going to them i think they will start leasing some of telstras towers

If you can afford it. By a POS laptop and a webcam and use skype.
i got a good laptop and a inbuilt webcam but dude wtf is skype?

You should start getting your mates to call you.
I'm with three now (effectively vodaphone), on a $49 cap, unlimited txt msg and about $450 worth of calls a month.
Its not often I go out of service areas so haven't had any issues with that.
lols i do,
yeah see what im saying, people with the company dont actually complain all that much with signal

i was with telstra and left because of the charges, went to vodafone worst thing i have ever done with a phone not even reception at home, went to optus better reception but ended up going back to telstra, will stay there from now on. i have the $49 cap plan that minux has and have never gone over it either.

yeah they are expensive, but at the end if the day its true.. u get wat u pay for,
i think ill go with optus to be honest,
the no signal is probobly agood thing, gets me off my phone

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
OMG optus reception is bloody terrible!

if you cant afford to go over then why do it then lol limit yourself ;)