Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

///Mock3 "Luxury" Edition

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Ahhk... Won't hurt to 'darken' it up a bit anyway :)

Bottom bit as in around the map pocket areas?

Seems you missed the second part of my post :p

ignoring the map pocket areas, theyve actually shrunk. it was the very bottom edge of the trim was coming away.

Nice hak, interested to see how far you go motor wise :p

yeh, eventual motor plan might just be an ls1, i hear theres one sitting around not being used in wa somewhere....

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
went out and had a play with the window motor before, it had broken the plastic that holds the motor to the gearing, so whenever you wind it down, itd move and jump around everywhere making a god awful noise(and probably wasnt much good for the gears themselves). someone had attempted to glue it up, but it didnt take.

so ive slapped a couple bits of steel strap on it to hold it in place until i can order in a new one. want this thing on the road asap, so all moneys going to getting it roadied, and the motor can come later. least it works properly now

Imgp1107.jpg

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol, only for roady and reg :p then ill lower it and put the simmons on, and slowly buy lttle bits to neaten it up

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
lol, only for roady and reg :p then ill get the guard roller off Dirby, and flare the **** outta the rear guards, then lower it and put the simmons on, and slowly buy lttle bits to neaten it up

Fixed it for you ;)

Nice bodge up of the window motor too :thumbsup:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
slowly ripping at the list of bits i need to fix for roadworthy, had a look underneath last weekend, and the only thing it needs(assuming guy doing roady doesnt get excessively picky) is a new rear lower control arm. some smart cookie tried to jack up from it and bent it. need a new seatbelt, some door seals(theyre pretty stuffed, lots of ripped bits).

been playing with the door trims, theyre all glued up now, going to glue up the rear trims aswell this weekend. will get pics of the fronts tomorrow.

got some new exterior door handle surrounds today, put drivers one on, have to play with passenger door handle before putting that one on. will paint them and the handles bodycolour sometime, theyre easy enough to take off.

Imgp1133.jpg

glued up the roof lining that was sagging around the sunroof. will get it retrimmed in black later on, its pretty grubby(fingerprints) at the moment.

Imgp1135.jpg

got interior door handle surrounds(didnt come with any), just waiting on chrome inner handles, passenger side original was broken, drivers was a sedan one, which didnt fit properly

Imgp1136.jpg

and a random snap, this bodystyle has aged well i think

Imgp1132.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Seems liek you well on top of things hak.

I though bmw interior quality would be better you suggest or is more of a case of mistreatment.

I normally wouldnt say this maybeit just the sunlight on it but those tailghts need to be darker

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
the car is 16 years old, e36 trims are known for being pretty average. the early models ran a cardboard/fibre trim, with plastic mounts, that slowly came loose from the trim, easy enough to glue up. the inner material bits have just done what rooflinings in commodores do, the foam breaks down and comes loose. the dash isnt cracked, some of the vents are broken(misuse there), otherwise, the interiors fine.

im going to get smoked lights all round after roady, the car has 2 different brand tail lights at the moment