Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

///Mock3 "Luxury" Edition

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
yeh, always needs bodywork!!

so i dropped the car off yesterday to the repairer, now to wait for the guys insurance assessor to come sign off on it. also still waiting for the bootlid. hopefully see that tomorrow.

today i started cutting the headight lenses out to clear the new hids. got one side done, with some chipping around the edges. if i cant find some trim rings, ill redo another one at a later date.

second one is half done, but ran out of time to finish it.

jig to stop it moving around, seeing as the holesaw has no guide drill bit.

Img_1397.jpg

center cut out, can see where it broke off near the end. the lens wasnt exactly flat, and i may have put a bit too much pressure on at the end.

Img_1398.jpg

and mounted in the light housing. will need to make sure the light is dead center, so it doesnt look weird

Img_1399.jpg

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
since the car is in the shop, i cant really do much with it :p, but today i started removing bushes from the control arms and subframe, so i can get them sandblasted before i rebush them. i also worked out part numbers and priced all the parts i need to overhaul the rear end when diff goes in, looks like ill be broke for a bit longer :p

also ordered a 3.46 gear set to suit the new diff, so once thats here, i can send the diff away with the rebuild kit to have the gears and new center put in.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
since the car is in the shop, i cant really do much with it :p, but today i started removing bushes from the control arms and subframe, so i can get them sandblasted before i rebush them. i also worked out part numbers and priced all the parts i need to overhaul the rear end when diff goes in, looks like ill be broke for a bit longer :p

also ordered a 3.46 gear set to suit the new diff, so once thats here, i can send the diff away with the rebuild kit to have the gears and new center put in.

Where are you sourcing your bushings from?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
will most likely get them from ecstuning.com. for the 50 odd parts i need, postage looks pretty good for once. pelican parts is a bit dearer, but postage sometimes is heaps less than ecs.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
some more reinforcement plates for the rear end came in today, wont be ripping anything out of the back of the car when its done!!

Img_1404.jpg

Last edited:

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
What he said, nice work, I like the headlight

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
cars being repaired, should have it back early next week.

finally got wheels blasted, he missed a couple spots, but for the price i cant complain!! fun bits just sanding down the lips and faces for paint, which still isnt here

Img_1425.jpg

barely any rash now that the old paint and clearcoats gone

Img_1426.jpg

mmmmm 17x10s!!!!

Img_1429.jpg

and yay for no more brake dust!!

Img_1424.jpg

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON