Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mod suggestions?

Eliminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maranello red Vn V8 Calais
sounds like a few repairs are on the cards before any mods, but thats just me..

shift kit
exhaust
cai
tune

Theres your winners

Peter89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 S1 VN 3.8L A4 Wagon
for the CAI, got some spare black draining pipe that would work perfectly for it, its large though so may need to cut a hole or two.
http://www.americanconprod.com/images/products/risers/dualwall.jpg

-king springs lowered for front and rear. $240. not sure if ill be able to install the front myself but the rears shouldnt be too hard to do.

-corvette servo

-maybe gets some sway bars or new exhaust, would need a tune after then new exhaust.

that ll probably use up or more then my planned budget yet get the desired results.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Just remember its a V6 and hard to pull power out of, unless cam and headwork or boost.
so when it comes to engine mods shop around and get it as cheap as possible.
That drain pipe looks the good messure across it and see if its 100mm.

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Id do the CAI definately....but other than that i would get the car on some jack stands and have a look around for parts that need replacing!

You said it urself that your saving for a new car, so why bother modifying this one!

Replace all of your sensors (O2, Temp etc) and give the TB a good clean, retension the throttle cable to your preferred setting ( i have mine tight-ish so its a more sensative throttle) and just generally look for parts that need to be replaced or rebuilt!

My two cents...

Eliminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maranello red Vn V8 Calais
Replace all of your sensors (O2, Temp etc) and give the TB a good clean, retension the throttle cable to your preferred setting ( i have mine tight-ish so its a more sensative throttle) and just generally look for parts that need to be replaced or rebuilt!QUOTE]

Thats some good advice, i noticed a good gain from my old efi 5 litre from replacing all the sensors, something that should be done at this stage in a vn's life. You guys should of seen the state of my coolant sensor !

Cogez

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 Series II VP Calais
Thought you were making nearly 950 ks a tank on one :p?

mine's not really a performance chip greenfoam...you made it, you know it's for lean cruising =P

and i don't think i've actually got 950km out of a tank yet, but we'll see

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
i would personally only do the CAI. save the rest of your money, $500 won't get you anywhere and by the end of it you'll wish you had $500 in your pocket rather than whatever's in your car. remember you'll never, ever get that $500 back. not even part of it.

my cai cost me $30 and it's definitely the cheapest bang for $$$

Sxnlxn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn s1 factory manual lexen skid car
Cold air intake $60, springs $200, corvette servo $50. I'd leave it at that. Your tunes probably ok allready
Im after a tune for my lexen skid car are you able to help