Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Modded VX L67 V.S VZ SV6 190

Joshua Pevitt

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VZ SV6 Commodore 5 Speed AUTO 3.6L
this is my first time posting a thread on the VT-VX thread section i usually always post on the VZ Threads and I wanted to ask will a VX L67 with mods like a 10psi pully a intercooler and other modifications beat a VZ SV6 190 in a drag Why im asking this is because my brother boasts of a 600 to 800Nm+ if he puts alot of mods into it he is confident it'll make that much tourqe and power he's going to do a L67 engine conversion from his Ecojet in a week or so i just want to know if what he's saying is possible would love to know some info

Thanks everyone

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Why would you run a 10psi pulley on a intercooled set up, maybe fit a 14 or 16 psi pulley, to answer the question yes a l67 with some basic mods will beat vz sv6.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
L67 with all the standard mods will cream an alloytec 190. And will do it more reliably with better driveability too.

Alloytec 190 in mate’s vz with 3.46’s, extractors, 2 hole mod and extractors was no quicker than my stock Ecotec in the Vs at the time.

The 5 speed auto helps to keep revs up where they make power - but they’re quite flat in the lower rev range compared to the iron 6.

Joshua Pevitt

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 with all the standard mods will cream an alloytec 190. And will do it more reliably with better driveability too.

Alloytec 190 in mate’s vz with 3.46’s, extractors, 2 hole mod and extractors was no quicker than my stock Ecotec in the Vs at the time.

The 5 speed auto helps to keep revs up where they make power - but they’re quite flat in the lower rev range compared to the iron 6.
I plan to put in a 6l50 from a VE SIDI and and a Custom cam still no chance?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I plan to put in a 6l50 from a VE SIDI and and a Custom cam still no chance?
You’d need four cams and plenty of cash. L67 gives great gains for little money with just tune, pulley, exhaust. All of which would cost under $500 total if you’re savvy.

Alloytecs tend to dyno at around the 130rwkw mark. Basic l67‘s seem to achieve results around the 150rwkw mark.

Joshua Pevitt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Why would you run a 10psi pulley on a intercooled set up, maybe fit a 14 or 16 psi pulley, to answer the question yes a l67 with some basic mods will beat vz sv6.
What about a CPR6 manifold, CAI, Full Hi Flow Catback System, Bigger Cam, Diff Gears, 6 Speed Auto Transmission conversion, Electric Throttle body controller,Plenum Spacer, A Dyno Tune
And Alot more

Joshua Pevitt

Reaction score
Members Ride
You’d need four cams and plenty of cash. L67 gives great gains for little money with just tune, pulley, exhaust. All of which would cost under $500 total if you’re savvy.

Alloytecs tend to dyno at around the 130rwkw mark. Basic l67‘s seem to achieve results around the 150rwkw mark.
Well what about the mods I have listed