Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Modified Gas V6

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Local engine rebuilder said flashlube is one of the things that keeps him in business. Unless it is callibrated perfectly it apparently causes real problems, resulting in expensive fixes. He reckoned a better investmemnt was having regular tunes to make sure it wanst' running lean. Lean burning on gas is what increases combustion temps and causes valve recession.

Can you elaborate on this a bit cause I had it fitted a few weeks ago when my gas got done. Does it cause problems if it feeds too much oil or not enough?

VXIIwagdf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Wagon dual fuel
Wow its been a while since I put in that original post! Sorry I can't help much. From memory when the man told me it had to be callibrated properly he meant that it cause problems either way, too lean or too rich! It was an engine rebuilder in the Cavehill complex in Lilydale Vic. Since last post have been round Tazzie with the family and recently went to the grampians and back. Average 11.6 l/100k that trip. Those mods are earning their keep :)

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Going by the installation instruction I got it says when you fill up to take note of how much fuel and flashlube that has been used and to adjust it until it uses 1 mil of fluid per 1 litre of fuel.