Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Modified headlining dramas

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
As part of the process to repair the sunroof which was fitted by the dealer when my VR Calais was originally sold, I needed to pull the saggy, crappy headlining out...

What a dodgy set-up... the original cardboard had had the centre cut out and then been tech-screwed to the roof metal.

Then a bizarre combination of sponge and material had somehow been glued in place to make it all look half presentable...what a shame it suffered from typical Holden roof lining failure...

Anyway, I visited 2 local trimmers today, both reckon it's too diabolical a job to tackle. The webasto bloke on the phone said to bring it to Sydney (500 km away) and he would have a go for around $700.... That little piece of information went down well with my wife who started ranting about the real cost of $1000 car projects...

Has anyone on here had cause to replace a 'sunroof' headlining? Was there a trick? I recall an old thread where a poster reckons he paid $600 to have a sunroof fitted AND trimmed for $600 complete..

Hmmm...

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Cheapest I've come across is $500 to retrim the headlining in a vs. They're really not made for a sunroof. Mine's an absolute nightmare - I'm going to attempt to fix mine shortly for a second time. You need to use parts of the original headlining board. Basically, front and rear of factory board, and the foam is stuck directly to the sunroof cassette. Once that's done, the fabric is put up.

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
That sounds like how mine was done....