Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Modified MY09 VE SV6

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
did sfa for my note.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
not really any noise difference maybe just slightly louder, not worth it if the noise is the only thing you care about

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
quick update,

got a powerchip tune - very noticable improvement and removed check engine light

currently the car sounds the same as monaro327's, check his thread for a sound video, however I am looking into getting custom made rear mufflers that are slightly more restrictive to reduce the noise as the cabins/boots of the sedans have sh*t-all noise insulation

also looking into changing the diff ratio to 3.45:1 so that the car will spin up out of that laggy low rev range quicker

sorry a few people asked about manifold insulators, they (greatly) reduce the manifold temperature hence intake air temp MACE ENGINEERING GROUP

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
how much was the powertune?? Was gonna donate my car for a maffless test, not sure if they are still going ahead with it. How much rwkw do ya reckon u picked up?? Any idea what ur car is now in terms of kw's??

was the mace spacers hard to install? Dont have the confidence doing it myself haha, probably drop something in haha.

Also dude, if u could somehow change the gold chev badges to say, white or red, I reckon it would look heaps better.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
powerchip $890
the jump in power feels like going from stock to a full intake/exhaust setup so id say its significant, ive heard an increase of 15-20rwkw in a VE SV6!
i dont like the idea of paying $75 for a dyno but yeah i wanna know for certain too, id estimate around 150rwkw - should be similar to some of the others on here

i gave the spacers to the mechanic when i got my last service and he dropped them in, i was the same as you, they dont look hard to install, but do you really wanna risk it...

yes i think the gold has to go, but what do you reckon about black or dark gray??

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
mate, I reckon you would be looking at least 160rwkw with a tune? 15-20 is fairly decent!

Black or dark grey would be nice man, if I get the chance im going to try and either get a blue or green chev badges, no idea how to repaint em though.

Ive asked mace if they would help me do it, havent heard back, fingers crossed haha.

Mad as car otherwise man, when i get the time ill start my own thread, cheers!

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
oh also, what cats are you running?? Im looking at getting a pair of ballistic 100cpsi racing cats

Kye

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SV6
A mate and I just installed a MACE Manifold Insulator on my VE yesterday. Took us about an hour and a half and was not too complicated :) Would have been quicker but the washers we got sent with the new Bolts were to small and one of the bolts had a busted thread so we had to stuff around a while with that.

Other than that I would say a well worthwhile mod! Low end torque is much better and feels like the car pulls harder right through the rev range.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
painted the chev badges:
(thanks liljaycee for the help)

Attachments

• P3090007.jpg
    P3090007.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 377
  • P3090011.jpg
    P3090011.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 332
  • P3090014.jpg
    P3090014.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 318
  • P3090015.jpg
    P3090015.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 376
A

acca00

looking good mate, i have the same sorta theme hapenping on my sv6 now (black on black) id say your car would be pulling 165rwkw+ a stock sv6 pulls around 139rwkw