Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
Or it could turn out like this thing of beauty
11izqqt.jpg

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Currently own a VY commodore.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts where on a Jap mod based modded VY Commodore??
Like,
1, Big exhaust, (cannon, straight through etc.) I've seen an adjustable exhaust system where you press a button and it opens up... bypasses the muffler or something (this idea is preferable as the noise from that kind of exhaust on the sized engines available is horrific, fuel cell versus vz fuel tank so I can go the twin exhaust (one on either side rather then the two on the passenger side)

After all this time people have worked out what works best for performance and super free flowing turbo exhaust dont work. Try a 3" with a super trap rear or cherry bomb style mufflers

2, After Market Wing,
3, Custom Body kit... cause putting a HSV body kit on it don't make it a HSV and I don't own a HSV,

5, Custom paint job (not really just a Jap mod cause all cars can get these, some cars need these and a lot of these look bad, so simple but nice),

Do what ever you like generally its HSV or SS style body kit that are popular because they look good. Try an SS kit with a front splitter, areo pack etc. Spoilers are a personal opinion

4, Twin Turbo 3.8L buick, Not so much for the power, I mean some more kick would be a beautiful thing but I don't plan on trying to beat V8's down the quarter mile or anything so I may just go a single (position would be a bother though) or a 3.6?

This is not new but you'd want a L67 motor and convert it to turbo or a built L36 motor but to quote a famous song "its all been done before"

6, After market head unit/sound system (a Bose sound system would be preferable, rip it out of other cars or might go alpine but experience says they are a lot of hype over nothing)
7, race seats (of course) 5 point harness for looks more then safety cause I wouldn't bother using them
8, Possibly VZ berlina dash (the VE looking dash)

"all been done before"

If you like JDM cars lean towards a turbo V6, stance inspired big wheels like Fangas white VZ dirfit car pictured using 18 or 19x9.5 22P wheels. Body styling and paint is up to you and so's the stereo side if thats what your into. If your gonna drive it serious (competitive) get the race seats but make sure there ADR approved fir the street

Samual Anthony

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY, ASV Ltd, V6 - N/A
Thanks for the input.
Some of pictures posted really sold me on do not ever think about this again.
Which is why I asked before I even thought about trying anything.
Some of the cars looked awesome, I'll admit. But they're not exactly what I was considering. looked a lot like they took it to a shop and paid someone else to do it / Were professionals them selves.
I'm, thinking more, in the garage and all the time in the world...

Probably just go
Sv6/SS kit,
Lower,
paint,
Tint,
Maybe go custom exhaust maybe just go a sports
Bigger brakes,
Nicer rims,
LSD,
Supercharged engine? looked into turbo and seems like a lot of hype over nothing and charged came stock, easier to get and parts in abundance.

And just spend the time doing it right and making it nice. :3

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
very sensible. There's still plenty of room to do your own thing with it without stuffing up the whole thing.

Personally I'm trying to come to grips with the fact that I live down a dirt road so I can't have a shiney car all the time : (

poorman2011

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve r8 maloo

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Is the even a serious question?

Go and buy a rice burner....