Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Modifying t5 loom to suit getrag gearbox

Stevo26

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore ute
Anyone out there in commodore land modified a t5 loom to suit a getrag gearbox? Just bought a vs ute and noticed the speedo and reverse lights don’t work,after look under the ute I noticed that it has a getrag box in it and none of the connections match. Will i need to change the computer or could just replace the chip in it to suit the box?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Do you have a T5 loom and T5 PCM? You could probably sell those for more than the cost of a Getrag loom and PCM as they are fairly rare.

Stevo26

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore ute
Thaks for the reply, but i would just like to get everything working with out to much of a stuff around or is that my only option to change the computer and loom

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
T5 run a different PCM. I will tag @EYY he knows a lot about conversions and stuff around the T5.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I did the getrag conversion in my vs. You can just use a vs v6 auto loom and computer, and have a memcal burnt to suit. If you're fussy you can remove the auto wiring, but otherwise you can just tuck it up out of the way like I did.

As for reverse/safety switch wiring, it's just a matter of bridging the wires for the safety switch and running reverse wiring down to the switch on the transmission.

The T5 computer won't work because the t5 and getrag both put out different VSS signal types.