Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Modifying VT Acclaim - Front bumper

manooka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim SII
I'm looking at making some modifications to my fairly stock VT Acclaim sedan. The colour is Raven blue/black and I already have a spoiler. Other than getting it mechanically ship-shape I'm looking at doing the following

- Replacing LHS front quarter panel (has bad dint at front)
- Adding SS or similar rims
- Replacing stock radio with Pioneer 2 DIN with bluetooth
- Replacing front bumper and headlights with VX SS style bumper / lights plus fog lights (Probably this one Holden Commodore VT VX VU SS GMH Front Bumper Bar +Headlight +Fog Lights Set)

My main question with this is, if I replace the front bumper with the SS one linked above and then get the current skirt (stock grey plastic) painted with the body colour, will this look ok? Anyone got any examples of this? I'm worried that the front would sit lower than the current skirts/rear, and it looks weird. From looking at various photos it's a bit hard to tell. I was wondering if I could get away without having to go the full SS style bodykit.

I don't have a photo of the car with me, but it looks identical to this just with a spoiler

176658526.jpg

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!

lynx2093

Reaction score
Members Ride
None.
if it were me id just leave it.. it will probs sit lower and look stupid

manooka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim SII
I'm really not sure if it would sit that much lower. I found this example on another forum, notice the height diff of the skirts, looks pretty much the same at the front?

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

Sphector89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 Vx Berlina
The SS front bar has the lip so yes it would look a bit weird, best off going with the side skirts and rear bumper as well :) or just save and get a Vx S Pack if you want the looks and a V6. Oh and welcome to the forum :D

manooka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim SII
The SS front bar has the lip so yes it would look a bit weird, best off going with the side skirts and rear bumper as well :) or just save and get a Vx S Pack if you want the looks and a V6. Oh and welcome to the forum :D

Cheers for the advice. It's a bit hard to tell how much the bumper lip sticks out on the sides when compared to the stock skirt. The S pack skirts look a little fatter, but around the same height. I might get it fitted and if it looks unbearable I can always get some skirts later. I'm guessing there might be a reason why I haven't been able to find any other examples of this!