Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mods for a red 253

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Hey ever one im just new to this fourm and just got my first car, just wonting to know what are some cheep but good mods for a red 253?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
try a search of the forums and see what you can find plenty of people have post some picks up of the sl\e in vb-h pics section and give us a look at the ride

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Pub24/7 said:
try a search of the forums and see what you can find plenty of people have post some picks up of the sl\e in vb-h pics section and give us a look at the ride
Ive already posted a couple of pics of my ride in the VB - VK Images thread.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
oh i see you already put some pics up look good has it had a respray? is it a project car as i see it's got no plates?

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Pub24/7 said:
oh i see you already put some pics up look good has it had a respray? is it a project car as i see it's got no plates?
Its one of my bro's mates car that he had for a few year and was selling it, and he only sprayed it like 2 years ago when he was as his spray painter, but it was like his first job he did. I only got it 2 weeks ago, and it has ne reg on it, and the only bad thing on it is the passenger front qtr it in bad shape as its had a tyre blow out, but his spraying up another qtr for me for free as my bro has a spare one of his old VB.

Ill take more pics of it 2morrow and post them on.

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
yea ok, Well the interior is a green suade and still feels nice

Last edited:

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
suade? so its had a retrim then??. It is it the factory velour??.
Now good mods for a red 253. Well how about taken off the 2 barrel manifold/carby and replace that with a 4 barrel manifold/carby?. Also a decent sports exhuast can open up a little bit of hp.

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
SL/ENUT said:
suade? so its had a retrim then??. It is it the factory velour??.
Now good mods for a red 253. Well how about taken off the 2 barrel manifold/carby and replace that with a 4 barrel manifold/carby?. Also a decent sports exhuast can open up a little bit of hp.
Yes suade ill fix that up, and im actually putting the car on straight gas as its already on dual fule, and im thinking of putting a new cam in it. Also doing a trans swap to a VN trans that has only done 10,000k on a reco. Is there any other mods that you can think of it will be much enjoyed.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
perhaps a diff upgrade, say a 3.45 ratio, this will make it jump of the line a little quicker.
Now VN trans, what sort a T700?. Or T5?. Well doesn't matter you need either an adapter plate or a new bellhousing to make that fit a 253