Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mods for insured vs v6?

nuggetbum

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6 vs series 2 s pack ute
hey everyone... i am new to this website and i was wondering if any of you guys could help me out.

i currently own a vs series 2 s-pak, which i have comprhensive insurance on. because i am still on my p's the insurance company (AAMI) wont let me do any mods to my car.

i was wondering if anyone out there could tell me some mods that i could do to my car without getting into hot water with the insurance company? i have already thought of a new air filter (K&N), and to put a slightly larher throttle body on it.

another question: does anyone know of any good larger throttle bodies and where to get them???

any help would be great!

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
you user name is great mate :rofl:

Unfortunately I am with the same insurance company and own a very similar car. They are a bit more lax for me as they will allow one performance mod only wheels, suspension, cai etc. I know your pain though. Definately go the k&n filter speak to them about fiting a cold air intake just say you are looking to fit a fuel saving device, let them know it is a standard holden part from the VT commodores which it is. Until you are 25 they won't let you go nuts so save your money or change insurance companies after a while when you have the money to mod.

I want to fit an aftermarket cam, springs cai exhaust and headers so I may have to change as well next year or wait till I'm 25

How much did they hit you per year for insurance?

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
yous seem to be getting the rough end of the stick. lol
i rolled into ammi yeaterday in my up vn and
got cheaper insurance than i got quoted.
i lost the quote number so they started another one.
And i had a pod and they didnt say a word about it.

maybe you should go with just cars, they have a policy
about unlimited mods aslong as they are legal and you tell them.
And it is only like an extra 100 dolllars, to have 3rd party fire and theft
with lowered springs and shocks, rims, paint, stereo and exhaust.
and they are all covered for the price you paid.

And just cars insurance is part of aami.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
That's a good idea man as soon as i get the money for my mods i think i'm going to change over

nuggetbum

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6 vs series 2 s pack ute
spaced,
thanks for your reply dude... much apreciated... i will give them a call tomorrow or something and see... as for the price... your gonna laugh at this... i got hit with somewhere between $1500 and $2000. :bang: but that was for comprehensive though... cause of the bank loan i had to take out to get it and also because i hadnt had insurance before... ive owned a few 4WD's but they were out in the country so i didnt see the point of insuring them...

do you know wether the cold air intake came out on the vs? i know they came out stock on vt's but ive seen them on a few vs series 2's... and they said it came standard?????

anyway... thanks for your help... if you come up with anything else let me know...

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
hey matey, yeah they only came out on the supercharged v6's as far as i know could be wrong (have been before). AAMI charged me and my mate 500 cause we had one or no mods have been driving for a while no claim in the last three years so straight up rating one. you probably got reamed cause your a p plater. If it makes you feel any better i bought my old gemmi for 3k and all the insurance companies wanted 1000 per year for full comp just cause i was on my p's