Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mods on my vt s1 v6 6 speed auto exe. wagon

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
TCU in a VT?
It has 6l50 trans in it. The tcu is aftermarket, it takes the tps & the rpm sensor signals & tells the tcm (6l50 onboard computer) what those signals are. Then the tcm knows when to change gears. That is simplifying things.

The old eco v6 goes quite well. Has the 3.46 diff gearing as well.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ok that makes sense. I was thinking VT was pre TCM and yeah normally it is.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes, the buttons for the head unit work, right hand side. Left hand side, cruise control, no not connected. Haven't tried to connect them. Probably wont try.
Airbag & indicator cancellation doesn't work either.

Hopefully will start on those parts soon.

Noticed the manual part of the shifter doesn't work. So will try & figure that out. Then get the paddle shifter working.

I think manual shifting & the paddle shifter will come first? I'm hoping that might be the easiest? Bit of programming in the tcu?

Can only keep trying? I've started something, so l'll try & finish it? :)
I think that was what Clive was having an issue with in the 6L80e fitted Cross8.

There is a mob here in Perth that recon they can get it working and it has a little screen that shows the engaged gear.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think that was what Clive was having an issue with in the 6L80e fitted Cross8.

There is a mob here in Perth that recon they can get it working and it has a little screen that shows the engaged gear.
Hoping its in the tcu settings? If l can program the tcu for it to work, then l only need to have the paddle shifter enabled (programmed) in the tcm.

In the next couple of days l'll have a look at software for the tcu.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was given a pair of vy spac ss side skirts came of a sedan, so had to get a pair of end caps of a wagon. I thought no problem, was no problem except for the price $330.00 delivered. End caps only.

Delivered by the 31/12. I had them high filled, painted & cleared, by last Wed. Fitted them yesterday.
Got to do
IMG_20220117_102924.jpg
something with back bumper. It also looks like the rear needs lowering? When l do something with the rear bumper, may look better?

The car goes in on Wed. have the paddle shifter setup in the tcm. Hope it works?
IMG_20220117_102958.jpg

Last edited:
H

harrop.senator

Yeah I did it on the Ute before I changed the body kit and just colour matched the black outs. Didn't look too bad just looked like a simple kit like a Berlina or Calais. I'm almost certain they're the same just colour coded haha.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I did it on the Ute before I changed the body kit and just colour matched the black outs. Didn't look too bad just looked like a simple kit like a Berlina or Calais. I'm almost certain they're the same just colour coded haha.
I think the rear lip (its a exe. bumper) of the bumper is not as low as the spac ss? Vt doesn't have ss wagon. I don't know about spac. I'm not to crazy about the ss rear bumper either.
I've noticed the front of the skirt matches the lip on the front bumper.
Where as the original skirt wasn't as low.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I like it how it is. Maybe doing what Harrop Senator said and painting the lower trim will finish it off.
I love those wheels. One of my favs. They work well on so many cars.
The front bumper makes my private parts tingle. Great job there.
I like how it sits. No need to lower it.

Reactions: Lex