Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mods on my vt s1 v6 6 speed auto exe. wagon

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I like how it sits. No need to lower it.
I reckon if my ute wasn't lowered, I wouldn't choose to have it done. They sit pretty low anyway I reckon.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Had the car in the workshop to have the paddle shifters enabled. Not successful. There are a thousand files or more? He couldn't find it. Its booked in again, in later Feb. Will see if he can do it this time? If not l will have to buy the hardware myself. $400.00 US. Then 2 credits which is $50.00 US each.

Was in NSW last week end.
Visited my niece & her family. My sister (nieces'mother) & l pulled up in their driveway, reversed out of the drive & then no power steering. The braided stainless steel hose from the electric pump to the rack let go & dumped all the fluid on the road (lucky wasn't the drive way).
Checked it out the next day. The braided s/s hose had been rubbing on the kframe & was holed.

Spent last Monday trying to fix it, But wasn't successful. Pulled the fuse out for the pump & drove it home to Geelong.

Spent a couple of days mocking up with wire coat hangars, so as to make a metal pipe from pump to rack. Dropped that into Enzed Thurs. Supposed to pickup Fri. but not ready till Sat. morning. Picked it up & got it home & realised it was wrong, so took it back. Made me another one straight away. $50.00 all up. No extra charge.

Spent Sat. arvo & most of Sunday fitting it. Tested with car up on the stands & all okay. No leaks.
Road test tomorrow.

Road tested today. Success. I think its slightly lighter than before. The pump even sounds quieter?

Haven't checked for leaks yet.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Love it.
If you crack the whole paddle shift thing, it’s going to be huge for others. Amazing car.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I did the vt spac ss wagon rear bar. I bought the rear lower lip & fitted it to the mock up cars standard bumper, then painted it.

I think it turned out ok, not perfect. But better than before.
I think the lines are good too.
IMG20220402094349.jpg
IMG20220402094412.jpg
IMG20220402094424.jpg
IMG20220402094435.jpg
IMG20220402094513.jpg

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
My fuel guage was not working either. Hasn't worked properly for over a year. Got around to replacing the fuel pump & sender. Bumper, tow bar setup off, to be able to remove the tank.

The hose from the fuel filler to carbon canister was also replaced. There was a couple long slashs in the hose.

Moved the reversing camera under the tailgate handle. It used to be in the bumper above tow bar. Looks a lot tidier now.

The return spring in the ignition switch has broken. I have a spare one, just got to get around to fitting it.

I have a trailer plug(s) flat 7 pin l'm trying to fit. Not enough room. Have to work out something else, or a smaller plug (if you can buy one that is smaller).

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My fuel guage was not working either. Hasn't worked properly for over a year. Got around to replacing the fuel pump & sender. Bumper, tow bar setup off, to be able to remove the tank.

The hose from the fuel filler to carbon canister was also replaced. There was a couple long slashs in the hose.

Moved the reversing camera under the tailgate handle. It used to be in the bumper above tow bar. Looks a lot tidier now.

The return spring in the ignition switch has broken. I have a spare one, just got to get around to fitting it.

I have a trailer plug(s) flat 7 pin l'm trying to fit. Not enough room. Have to work out something else, or a smaller plug (if you can buy one that is smaller).

They do make flat towbar wiring that stays inside the car and when you're ready to use it, it's thin enough that it can be hung out the tailgate/bootlid, with it being shut and not crush it....I just can't remember all the cars that have it fitted....EF era Foulcans seem to ring a bell as one....However if you have a bit of spare time, having a sticky around a wrecking yard might turn one up

The plug itself is rectangular, rather than the older round style.....That being said, you can also get adaptors that go from the rectangular to round style plug....So might be worthwhile looking into....

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
They do make flat towbar wiring that stays inside the car and when you're ready to use it, it's thin enough that it can be hung out the tailgate/bootlid, with it being shut and not crush it....I just can't remember all the cars that have it fitted....EF era Foulcans seem to ring a bell as one....However if you have a bit of spare time, having a sticky around a wrecking yard might turn one up

The plug itself is rectangular, rather than the older round style.....That being said, you can also get adaptors that go from the rectangular to round style plug....So might be worthwhile looking into....
I have that system. I was going to use that system (hang the flat wiring through the tailgate), but the wiring would be rubbing on the freshly painted bumper, which has put me of that idea.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have that system. I was going to use that system (hang the flat wiring through the tailgate), but the wiring would be rubbing on the freshly painted bumper, which has put me of that idea.

I see now...My bad.....

Are you able to drill a hole in the wheel well, and run it out there, making a bracket for it to be held on the towbar itself?

My VY wagon has it fitted there....Can have a looksey how they have run that, as the loom doesn't touch my bumperbar

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Just had a sticky at how the loom runs with my VY....

They have a hole drilled in the wheel well, directly behind the bumper bar....From there the loom runs inbetween the bumper bar and the rear panel...The plug is fitted to a bracket that is welded off the side of the towbar....

Unfortunately I can't supply pictures, so hopefully the description is clear enough for you...:)

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just had a sticky at how the loom runs with my VY....

They have a hole drilled in the wheel well, directly behind the bumper bar....From there the loom runs inbetween the bumper bar and the rear panel...The plug is fitted to a bracket that is welded off the side of the towbar....

Unfortunately I can't supply pictures, so hopefully the description is clear enough for you...:)
Thanks for your coments vc. Much appreciated.

Already done. Been trying to mount the plug under the towbar. Trying to make it neat & tidy. Unseen.