Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mods on my vt s1 v6 6 speed auto exe. wagon

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
OK, I might keep my VX wagon, after you have done yours I'll bring mine over LoL.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi
More on electric water pump. Went to Melb. on the 1st. December. Controller shat itself. Noticed some smoke coming from it, pulled over, took cover of it, & disconnected it. Wasn't far from my destination, so kept going. Went home on the train, got some tools & a mechanical pump & came back on the 3rd Dec. to fix. All good. Called into Davies Craig on the way home. Got another controller. Pump & controller have a 2 year warranty. Made another header plate (replaces mechanical pump) & installed that & controller a couple of Saturdays ago. All good (l drove to Wagga with it).

Went to Wagga last week. Had some more of #48 driving up there. It was getting worse coming back.
Decided to put the old Berlina mags on. First wheel of, was front left, l thought the beading on it was suss, but not that bad. Front right ok.
Then took of rear right of. That wheel is the problem.

Visited the engineer today, who is making my adaptor plate for 6 speed auto 6l50. Surprise surprise it was finished after 5 months.
I wanted to put a 8 speed in. Couldn't get a controller for it. All the companies that make the controllers, that say they make them, don't. Not enough demand.
Anyway, mechanically that is a milestone over came.
I'll order the controller from the US in maybe a month.

Talked to a company about making a tailshaft last year. Thats another job.
Slowly getting there.

Attachments

• 20190129_215113[1].jpg
    20190129_215113[1].jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 20190129_214930[1].jpg
    20190129_214930[1].jpg
    234 KB · Views: 286
  • 20190130_052942[1].jpg
    20190130_052942[1].jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 325
  • 20190130_052948[1].jpg
    20190130_052948[1].jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 317
  • 20190130_053642[1].jpg
    20190130_053642[1].jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 265

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update
I have another vt, to be used as a mock up car (muc).
The adaptor plate is 55 mm wide ( so as to be able to use the original flex plate & starter motor).
I had the adaptor & tranny sitting in the car. The back of the box hits the crossmember. So l took the adaptor plate back to the engineer & had him mill 10 mm of on the engine side ( cant go narrower, as the bellhousing would hit the starter motor. Thats why the adaptor plate is so wide.)
Last week l bolted it backup. The back of the box is still just touching the crossmember. I can fix that with some spacer plates.
I'm using the original vt crossmember & tranny mount. I used some 12 mm steel plate so as l can bolt it to the box.
May get some aluminium plate to replace that & make the spacers.

I may have my torque converter coming this week?

Still have the tranny fluid pipes to be adapted.
Work out how to increase the volume of dexron 6 to the correct amount.
Tailshaft to be made.
Shifter to be bought.
The tcm adaptor to be bought.
There are a few tcm adaptor makers in the Usa.
Pcs (powertrain control solutions) (l'll be using this one http://www.zerogravityperformance.c...ic-transmission-controller-6l80e-6l90e-6l50e/)
Who l buy it of, maybe somebody else?
Compushift https://www.hgmelectronics.com/compushift-sport-and-pro/

True Blue Motorsport http://tbmsport.com/6l80gm6spdinformation.html
When this is all done, then the fun starts. Programming & tuning.
Thats all for now.
Hope this isn't to hard to read?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Replaced the hvac (broken arm on one the doors). Replaced with one from the wreckers. Brought last June. Replaced the heater core, evaporator, condenser & compressor & the dryer.
Bought the parts over 6 months, plus l thought why l have everything out of the car, why not new carpet.

Got quoted to degas it & regas it, $60.00.Had it degassed last Monday. There was only 300 grams in it. The guy said when he last gassed it he had put in 800 grams. So l think its going to cost a lot more than $60.00.

Tuesday stripped it out. Left the old underfelt & carpet in & laid the new over the old.
Nearly finished putting back together today. Enough to drive it. Nice & quite. Heater works.
Tomorrow or Monday l'll put the new compressor, condensor & dryer in. Then have regassed.
Lot of work. I think its worth the effort.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update on the aircon. Regassed cost $95.00
Had a drama with the regas (it leaked, was discovered quickly & fixed).

Update on the A6.
The front seal was leaking. Supply & fit the seal $50.00.
Next was the shifter, vf of ebay $82.50.
I used the standard vt crossmember. To make it fit l cut out 20 - 30 mm out of the front face, closest to the tranny. Didn't want to. But this is a mock up. Will sort it out later with a permanent solution. Had to get something to fit first.
Had a tailshaft made. Was quoted last year $350.00 unseen.
Actual cost $550.00.
To get the mock up car there & back $160.00. Lot easier than hiring a trailer an trying to winch it on a car trailer.
Tailshaft builder said it balanced up beautifully. had up to 5000 rpm, no sign of vibration. He also said the shaft would take 600 hp if l wanted. Wont be going down that path.

Very slowly getting there.
Its been longer than a year. Started project 4/4/18.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
20190618_153120[1].jpg
Hi
Still on this project
I got the torque converter back last month. Tried to connect it up, no fit. The spacers were 5mm to thick. Took it back to the company that made it. Milled 5 mm of.

Mated to the motor today, while its sitting on the shelf. It fits & the starter motor also fits.

Got a email from transport company this morning to say they would be delivering my tcm & wiring harness from the usa.
Got a phone call to say they tried to deliver it today, but nobody home. Well its coming tomorrow.

I have to get the tranny back into the mock up car, so as to fit a external tranny cooler, then make the tranny cooler lines.

Once this all done l can start thinking about fitting it all, to my car.

I'll keep on plodding along, till done.