Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mods on my vt s1 v6 6 speed auto exe. wagon

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Will the airbags be operational?
They are not at the moment ( so l have put the original wheel back on till l have worked out what air bag to use.)
I hope to have the airbag operational soon?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Old girl broke down today. Not really, bolt for the dfi plug was just hanging in the breeze (untightened).
Didn't have my tools which l usually travel with. So, had to go home & get them.
I also got my scanner (https://www.auscanners.com.au/viden...MIifuM45DP7gIVZoJLBR3LEQtVEAQYASABEgIkUvD_BwE) , (problem was unknow at this stage. Guessing it was the dfi, which l had a spare one.
Scanned it, got a error code but l couldn't read the number, (but possibly 48) intermittent cam, crank signal.

When using the paper clip method for checking error codes, l don't think l usually got anything for this problem?

Anyway, just tightened the dfi plug bolt, & l was mobile again. So, all good. :)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That things looks awesome. Can it program keys?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It does say keys. Looks quite good.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have some progress on error code 94 this week. I don't get it anymore. I reached out to a Jc member & also a member on pcm hacking. His user name is The1. This is his user name.
Explained the situation to him. He made me a tune with the speed error codes disabled (at least, thats what l think he has done?). Anyway, whatever he did, it worked.

On Tuesday , l put my vf ssv steering wheel into In Charge auto trimmers in Tullamarine Melbourne. To be recovered in grey & blue. Picked up Thursday. They did a good job too. Shame l'm not to keen on the blue. In the photo, it looks purple to me. When l actually see it, it looks blue. But as the days go past, its growing on me.

Friday, l installed a actuator into the rear passenger door. Now all the doors lock without the horn beeping at me. Thanks fumanchu. A thread you contributed to recently got me motivated to replacing it.

Today l gave it an oil change.

I'm also still working on that vx ss wh caprice bumper bar & bonnet. I wet sanded the bonnet today. Hope to give it a final coat of paint tomorrow.
The bumper should get its first coat of paint Wed. or Thurs. I've got front guards l'm painting too. So maybe l'll get to finish painting them this week to.

When finished with the painting, will come the clear. So everything going well, maybe the following week, l'll get the clear done?

I also still have to workout the airbag light.
Looking at the pic, l still have some other jobs to do.

I'm to lazy to list them. :)
20210319_184546[1].jpg

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I’m going to trawl through this thread to see how you made the VF shifter fit in with the VT trim.

At first I was afraid. I was petrified.
...of the VF steering wheel in that VT cabin, but it’s growing on me.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thought l'd update the thread.
Still haven't finished the hybrid bumper (wh vx ss) yet. But getting there.
Waiting for a good day, tomorrow or Thurs. to spray the clear.

Put the bonnet & bumper on today to show the painter (professional) for some tips on finishing the job.
Maybe l'll finish this week?

Here is a pic. When finished l'll add more pics.
20210406_124651[1].jpg