Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[202] mods to a 202 blue motor

juzzyb

Reaction score
Members Ride
hq kingswood
hi, im doing a 202 blue motor for a first car engine, so far i have a vk fuel injected head which will be ported, new cam and lifters, extractors going out into a 2 pipe system. what carby should i put on or should i run a vk injection set up? should i put thermos on?if carby, what manifold?
cheers Justin

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I cant remember if Holley/Edelbrock still make carbs to suit a 202 but they have always been the best in my books.....never let me down

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
if you want to go carb, I'd recommend a correctly jetted ADM Weber from a Falcon
but if it were mine, I'd be hooking up the VK injection manifold, running an 808 Delco engine management system/ECU
delcohacking.net • View topic - How to convert a 202 to Delco

beat me to it, I read that thread last year, alot of rewarding work that guy put into running an 808, a fair few mods to the manifold to change TB's etc... still it's something uncommon to do.

78_torana

Reaction score
Members Ride
l67 torana
You say it's for your first car, first up what do you want to acheive? power/economy/cruiser/all out performance? The weber is a great car for a nice cruiser. The Holden 6 is a great engine I learnt so much by starting out spinning spanners on these. My pick would be the vk inj setup

NFNSUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/x - VS BT1
Because its only a rather small motor, stick with injection. You need all the power you can get.

Have you thought about a turbo? I've been seeing a lot more 202 turbos on YouTube lately, they seem to go pretty good too.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
The Delco setup on a VK EFI is a good option, i have an uncle currently doing it on a VK EFI engine for an FE holden. Its a little involved but will be worth it.

LESK1946

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt clubbie
any of you guys change a points dizzy to electronic on a red 202 ,was told to upgrade coil . what car can i rat it off please . thx to all

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
i owned a vk a few years back and when the black motor died i got a stock blue motor bottom end from a mate cheap and had it balanced and bored 30 thou over(208 ci) and used flat top pistons and a stock cam shaft with an alloy timing gear.i put the 12 port black head on it shaved down and ported,had 308 valves put in and used stock lifters and rockers.i used a cain inlet manifold with a single 45 mm side draught weber carbie and pacemaker extractors and the stock electronic ignition system.also a lightend flywheel bolted up to a 5 speed gearbox.it went really well for what was done to it.i only used the standard cam,lifters,rockers due to lack of funds and also driveability as it was a daily drive and got reasonably good economy out of it aswell around 450-480 km to the tank.(leaded fuel back then)i thought about the black injection setup but money was tight and i already had the weber and manifold from a previous red motor i built years earlier.

Last edited:

juzzyb

Reaction score
Members Ride
hq kingswood
I don't really mind much about economy. I just wanna get it going as hard as I can while still making it look legal for a p plater. I have all the parts to hook up a weber but I can't find an injection system to buy that suits my budget. I've also just bought 40thou oversized pistons but only dome tops. Cheers