Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

moisture in exhaust

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
I have noticed that there is water dripping out of my exhaust, and when i rev it, some water sprays out. What could cause this. I am hoping its not a blown head gaskit. There is a crack in the exhaust before the cat. could this cause excess water? Like could cold air get in and make moisture? cheers

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It's normal man, it would have been doing it before it was stolen, you need to get over the post stolen paranoia :)

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well i went for a drive(about 20km) then when i got home i parked it in the driveway. went and had lunch and about hour later started up my car and remember i forgot something in the house so left car idleing and as i was walking past i noticed water dripping from exhaust. I reved it and the was more water on the ground coming from exhaust. After i went for another drive the water seemed to have gone away but not sure.

Edit. i have just never noticed this much water coming from exhaust. i have never seen it spray out and drip on ground. or maybe i have just never noticed. And i already went for a big drive so i thought all the water would have been dried up in the exhaust. I know 1st thing in the morning when i start it up there is abit of water but after i already been driving???

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
It's normal man, it would have been doing it before it was stolen, you need to get over the post stolen paranoia :)

ill second that.
id recomend getting in your car and having a stiff drink, on second thoughts maby not.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It's definitely normal, all cars do it at least untill the pipes are warm enough to evaporate the water so you can't notice it. You have to remember there is huge amounts of water in the air that the motor is sucking in all the time, it's gota come out the other end in one form or another

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah alright i will stop worrying haha. Still getting over my car getting stolen and thrashed haha. But she still run awsome so its all good. Only concerns are minor leaking radiator and clutch feels different since i got it back because of all the burnouts its been put through while it was stolen.

edit: oh and instead of starting new thread, I can smell petrol coming from somewhere around the tank. any comon places for them to leak? cheers.