Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

molded carpets

bertusmcspurtus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 308
Hi:
Am looking for a good quality molded 1 or two piece carpet for my VH/SLE. Dark green (like factory). Have had a lot of conflicting info about a mob in VIC called TRUFIT and am wondering if you fellow enthusiasts can help me out, I'm in no huge hurry and live in Townsville.

Thanks all.
Bertus

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
There are 2 main sellers of carpets Knox auto carpets & trufit. Neither of which are as good as the OEM product produced by Nylex http://automotive.nylexlimited.com.au/page.asp?partid=1 I dont know if you canbuy from them or if they even make carpets for a VB-VL commodore. Odds are not :)

I am in the market for a bew floow carpet for my VK and my research has lead me to lean towards a tru-fit carpet purely as they offer a 1 piece carpet.
http://www.tru-fitcarpets.com.au/

Another company that offers carpets but only a 2 piece carpet is know auto carpets. http://www.knoxautocarpets.com.au

I still am a couple of months off from purchasing a carpet for my VK but I want a 1 piece carpet & the highest density thread count in a super plush finish i can get. Odds are I will end up buying a Trufit

cheers
scott

StevesVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina Sedan
Hey guys,

I am looking at carpet replacement next, I have located what I believe to be the best... It is a company call exact-fit they are located in Adelaide SA, they do mail order to anywhere in Australia, they sent me a sample of their Cerulean replacement in plush pile, and IMO it looks better than the original. It is a one piece molded carpet.

You can find them only at the www.yellowpages.com.au for SA under car carpets... I might have a card for them somewhere if you struggle to find them.

I am only waiting to get a full set of replacement scuff plates before I do the carpets, as it is all one job, done once... but having trouble locating a decent set of them at the moment.

Cheers
Steve

G

Grantis1976

I've had a variety of cars, and most have needed new carpets, KNOX have saved the day every time !
:w00t:

81_vh_holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh commodore/ VC commodore
yeah i agree knox are great and very helpfull

bertusmcspurtus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 308
Thank you all very much for your input, much appreciated I can now make an informed choice based on yours and my own info.:thumbsup:

diveboy

Reaction score
another vote for knox auto carpets.

you can't really tell it's a 2 piece either, as it joins under the front seats, so you can only really tell on the side of the 2 front seats and who ever looks there ?

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Just thought I would add to this thread. Its time for me to buy a new carpet for my car, I gave Tru-Fit a call to buy a 1 Piece Super plush carpet in cerulean blue, after a bit of uming and aring the guy on the phone tells me they dont have any and could be a 1-2 month wait before they would even know if they might be having any made.

So it looked like I was going to have to go the 2 piece route which i didnt want, I called a mate who is a carpet layer and asked him if he could join a carpet for me. He said there shouldnt be a problem (I will post pics next week when im done)

I then called Knox Auto Carpets they guy on the phone answered EVERY question I had straight away. The backing they use should be stable enough to take the heat from the iron to melt the joiner. The quality sounds excellent I will keep you posted my carpet should be here mid next week. I also purchased a couple of metres of carpet to trim the bottoms of my door tims, kick panels and anything else I think of.

cheers
Scott

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I wasn't impressed with the girl at Tru fit either. She didn't sound that interested, that's why I will get mine from Knox.

sk00bs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh sle
who does molded dash mats? i need one for my vh sle!
HELP please
P.S. sorry for starting this thread up again!