Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MOMO Centre Pads for HDT/HSV

AUTOTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Supercharged MOMO Ute BA Gullwing AU Two door
Hi All,

A lot of interest has come about with HDT products as the classics are getting on in age. We have dug up centre pads from back in the day when the centre pad was the safety feature of the steering wheel. (Probably one of the only safety features back besides seat belts).

Here are some pictures of what we have found and rather than chasing old paperwork, I thought I'd use the expertise of Commodore lovers to identify them.

Any feedback is welcome but I would love to see original first hand photos taken of actual cars that people own.

One or two of these may not be Commodore so any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCN0594.jpg
    DSCN0594.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 934
  • DSCN0595.jpg
    DSCN0595.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 736
  • DSCN0596.jpg
    DSCN0596.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 674
  • DSCN0598.jpg
    DSCN0598.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 682
  • DSCN0599.jpg
    DSCN0599.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 909
  • DSCN0600.jpg
    DSCN0600.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,889
  • DSCN0604.jpg
    DSCN0604.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,625
  • DSCN0606.jpg
    DSCN0606.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,060

AUTOTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
holy crap!

top row, second from right VH Grp 3
I'd be interested in one of these
vhgroup3interiorpop.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for that, I have just found the name of the steering wheel as well and it is a MOMO Cavillino. We will have most of these on Ebay once we can correctly identify them. Unfortunately over 30 years the paperwork for this sort of stuff get lost in the works and photos like these confirm our thoughts.

AUTOTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi,

Its time to get these out there, I haven't had the chance to chase up what they suit but if you know what you want and its here, its yours. These are NOS, never been fitted. The price is $150 and this is for forum users only. They will go onto EBay next week and will be Buy It Now only for at least $200.

Lastly, some of these are down to 1 or 2.

Good Luck

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Guys, if you want momo gear, I certainly can recommend Joe from Autotek
I ordered the above horn pad, not realising it wouldn't fit my steering wheel. Instead of sending me something that wasn't going to fit, Joe contacted me to offer a full refund. However upon my request, he found another horn pad that did fit, he trial fitted it to the same wheel as mine. A couple of days later it arrived in the mail, along with a complimentary momo horn button and autotek key ring all very carefully packaged.

Thanks Joe

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi

Are these products still available? Looking for centre pads and genuine steering wheel to suit a HDT VL Calais Sport or HDT VL LE Calais.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

SabreOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Storm SV6 Ute
If anyone is interested, I have an original genuine Momo VK HDT Group A Steering Wheel. It was on my brothers "Blue Meanie", before it was sold.

The leather is shot, and the centre pad is not great, but just thought I'd through it up here to gauge any interest.