Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monaro Blubs for VS

supaushh123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
does anyone know wot type of bulbs are in the monaro.. the ones wit like the bluey tinge to em? and would they fit in a vs?

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
for your vs you will need 2x h1 high beam 2x h4 h/low beam 2xw5w parkers. aftermarket globes philips crystal vision have a slight blue look from the front but white light from behind. the light beam on the road is about the same as stanard globes but you will see road signs etc. a lot further away

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
does anyone know wot type of bulbs are in the monaro.. the ones wit like the bluey tinge to em? and would they fit in a vs?

i bought my blue neon parker lights from autobarn for 20 bucks, apparently its illegal to put them in but my car has that many illegal things on it doesnt rly phase me lol

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1

the monaro has a 'projector' style lense. I'm not sure if they do, but most cars with this style lense have Xenon or HID lights, which give off the blue tinge and super white light.
Recreating this in a earlier model is harder, as the VS doesn't have projector lenses. there are two options here.
1. whack a set of HID globes in it. not legal in a vS, and light isn't focused well as the projector is missing, but gives a white light with a blue tinge. very bright was well.
2. buy a set of H4 globes with a reasonale kelvin rating. a rough guide is:
3000k-4000k: stanndard halogen yellow
4000k-5000k: much brighter and purer white
5000k-6000k: white wiht increasing blue tinge
>6000k: very blue
bear in mind the glass of the bulb cannot be a pure blue (or any other colour), and check the packaging for legalities. things like Narva Blue Power or Phillips Diamond Vision (approx 6000k) don't put out as much light as their lower kelvin counterparts, and being more blue in appearance they are technically illegal.
hope this helps
CC