Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monaro Bonnet on VT ?

nmldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Berlina Wagon
Saw a VT wagon today with a Monaro bonnet on it - with twin vents. Looked stunning. Anyone know if these are a straight bolt on or any other mods needed like changes to front panels or to the front nose of standard VT Berlina (eg need monaro or HSV bumber)?

Where do you get them - in metal, not fibreglass ?

Thanks.

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
they go straight on mate...you can buy them for Holden ($$$$$$$) or you can buy them slightly cheaper from aftermarket places (roughly $1100 & above - unpainted - metal)

Cheers,
Infin8

grafxworld

KLRBASS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT GTR EXEC S1 - SOLD off
How legal are these things ?(Fiberglass ones)
will your insurance refuse a payout if you crash with one on your car?
I want to get one if I keep the commy but want one with backwards vents like the toyota supra body kits use, from Firbemaster or ASV in Adeleiade

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
fibreglass is ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL. the car would be unroadworthy, so insurance would be void. and im sure i was told that if you were to be in an accident and someone died, you would be put up for manslaughter. (from wat ive been told) :D :D :D

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
fibreglass is ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL. the car would be unroadworthy, so insurance would be void. and im sure i was told that if you were to be in an accident and someone died, you would be put up for manslaughter. (from wat ive been told) :D :D :D

nah my fibreglass monaro bonnet is insured through nrma. its fine, i made them double check as well.

i know this thread is old but yeah...

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
It may be insured but it is up to you to make sure it's ADR compliant. If it came to a write off (hope not), then the insurer will investigate the legalities of your mods and insured parts then and you may be up **** creek

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
It may be insured but it is up to you to make sure it's ADR compliant. If it came to a write off (hope not), then the insurer will investigate the legalities of your mods and insured parts then and you may be up **** creek

can i get them to investigate the legalities of my mods before *touch wood* anything happens to my car?

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
They will insure anything just about but if it doesn't comply with what's in their customer charter that you get at the start of the policy then when it comes to the crunch the insurer can waive liability. It is up to the customer to prove legality sometimes, I've been through this with AAMI and they are very difficult to compete with on these things.

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
They will insure anything just about but if it doesn't comply with what's in their customer charter that you get at the start of the policy then when it comes to the crunch the insurer can waive liability. It is up to the customer to prove legality sometimes, I've been through this with AAMI and they are very difficult to compete with on these things.

well thanks for telling me this bad new sir, haha nah... cheers for the info, i hope nothing bad comes out of it... i will have to tell my father in law about this, as he has a f/glass bonnet on his clubby, bit more expensive than mine =S