Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monaro seats in VZ?

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
Hey, I've searched here there and everywhere and cannot get an answer.

I'm picking up monaro REAR seats this wknd and i want to put them into my vz sedan.

1) Are they a one piece top and bottom seat or does the top and bottom come in 2 pieces like the commodores?

2) Will they slot straight in? What do i need to modify if not?

3) Are they a thinner seat, meaning once they are in, will there be gaps between seat and door?

Cheers, Josh. :thumbsup:

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Hate to bump a thread, but want to know how this went for you as im considering the same rear seats into my VT and noone really can give me an answer. Did you end up getting them and did they go in?

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
wouldn't think it'd be too hard, just means you only have 4 seats instead of 5.

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
you think the monaro based on a VT, the rear seat mounting points etc and underlying framework be the same just upholstered diffrent with extra bolsters and support.

tigass

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss commodore series 2
How did you go with the monaro seat

Hate to bump a thread, but want to know how this went for you as im considering the same rear seats into my VT and noone really can give me an answer. Did you end up getting them and did they go in?

id like to know as well. just bought myself some coulson seats for my vt and was thinking of putting in monaro rear seats :)

mattakaspeeedy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 BT1
monaro rears wont go into anything other than a manaro. The seats are alot thinner and mounting points are differant.

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
wow, didn't notice this thread come back to life.. but yeah, i tested a mates vz monaro rear seats in my vz commodore and i'm pretty sure the seats went in but there were big gaps between edge of seat and door trims.

was pretty annoyed because they are awesome looking seats!

Clubby racer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY clubsport R8 SE
i hate to bust everyones bubble but sry, they dont fit. How do i know this??? IVE TRIED
i want to do the same thing and i am still looking for someone to do it.
HOWEVER..................IT CAN BE DONE!!
there is alot of cutting and re drilling involved but yes, it can be done, you just need to make sure u go to someone who knows what they are doing. Im not giving it, ive seen it done. There is a guy on this form named CHEETR and im trying to find him but yer man, thats why i joined up on this form, to try and find someone who has done it and knows where to go, but nah man, it dont just slide in. If u find someone please me man, ive been looking for 6 months.

sry to bust the project
Clubby for life
Keep in touch

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
yeah, nice thread dig