Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monaro tail lights

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Hey guys,

Just bought a set of monaro tail lights (the black ones with LEDs) off eBay, just wondering if anyone has fitted a set of these. Will be fitting them to my VX SS, it states that they come with looms and is a direct plug and play.

Thanks dylan

Z

ZaRnOw

They will just plug straight in m8, all you need to do is take the old lights off and put the new ones in and connect them up. If you had a VT it would be different tho.

Cheers

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
thanks mate, anyone know how to take the old ones off?
i had a look yesterday but there was just wires running everywhere

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
i thought you would need a new flasher unit for the LED to work :confused: or maybe im thinking of something else lol?

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
ive sent countless emails to him and he assures me its just a direct swap plug and play. we will see how i go i guess

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
To take em off... pop the boot and on the exterior near the boot seal undo the 2 Phillips head screws and on the other side of the light near the rear quarter panel pry out the pop in clips with your fingers, inside remove the carpet lining from the back of where the lights are and find a plug thats sitting on a slide stand and unclip from the loom then half remove the lens from the car and pull/push grommet from hole, and feed plug through hole.

Fitting is reverse, though I have found that my EGAY light`s loom head was a mil or 2 too big and needed sanding/filling to fit through the hole.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
has anyone fitted these exact lights, apperently they dont work with the blown globe feature? might swap them for just the normal ones with globes

Z

ZaRnOw

Yeah the loom is slightly to big for the wiring to fit through the hole. you can either sand/or cut the corners slightly with a knife.

And the LEDs should have no problem working, a m8 of mine has them, and yeah they work fine, I don't think he had any difficulty's.. I have the version without LED brake lights, and i do kinda regret not spending the extra cash and buying the dark red genuine monaro ones.