Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monaro V Mustang ......unbiased opinions ?

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Mustang will sound like a real V8 for this purpose. Monaro will dissapoint when you have to put the revs in the right place for it to sound remotely like a V8.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Not the 6.0 GTO. Take into account the price and the GTO allows some tuning work with change left over so will sound and go just as good if not better than the stang and will hold it's value better also. I'd take an Aussie built coupe over a Yankee one any day no matter if it was a Ford or Holden.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Legs are overrated, nowadays it's common to modify cars with steering wheel controls for those who don't have them. I'm more concerned about looking like a complete and utter tool when you give it a little throttle and it spears you into the nearest stationary object and everyone thinks you can't drive for s..t!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'd rather go a monaro and keep my legs if I have an accident lol.

I'd way prefer to bounce a 2017 Mustang to a 2006 (or whatever) Monaro. ANCAP gets updated every year or so. What was 5 star a few years back won't get even close in the latest iteration.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Don't quote me though but I think in one of the tests the airbag went off about 2 seconds after the accident lol. It is true that with American cars safety is not near the top of the list though. Having said that they are great looking cars and probably go well. Call me a wanker but I could see myself cruising around in a convertible mustang :D

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
If I won lotto first thing would be to get a new Mustang, in blue with white stripes. Very sexy car.

Monaro is......meh. A bit bland. Very 90s. The Later ones look a bit better, more aggressive and interesting. Great future investment potential.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
If the first thing let alone car you bought after you win lotto is a stang then you may need some help, soo much more better cars to choose from if a lotto win came a calling than a stang. A Ford GT Supercar being one that comes instantly to mind, CLK63 AMG BLACK being another

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
If the first thing let alone car you bought after you win lotto is a stang then you may need some help, soo much more better cars to choose from if a lotto win came a calling than a stang. A Ford GT Supercar being one that comes instantly to mind, CLK63 AMG BLACK being another

Haha each to their own IMO. No doubt the CLK and Ford GT are excellent cars and something many people would like to own but they are not for everybody. Just as an example, I would never own a GT whatever I won/cost for the very simple reason that I don't fit in one (have tried). For more than a few the humble 'stang is as good as it gets so good luck to them.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
That's where I'm lucky, my size allows me to fit into just about any car, reaching pedals though is another story