Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

monroe gt gas

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
what would you pay for monroe gt gas strut inserts and rear shockers?
new in boxes supposerly and the standerd length

ive been offer a them.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
hmmmmm
might take up his offer on these shockers and struts,

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
i work in spare parts, around $250 would be the lowest you could find for front and rear in gt gas from a shop but they can be anywhere up to $400 depending on how much profit the shop wants to make.

if they really are new but you are not buying from a shop then only around $200-$250 for both i reckon. but only if you are sure they are new and have receipts cos they have a 3 year/60000km warranty. without the receipts and warranty they are worth **** all

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
ive been offered them for a little bit extra when i buy his vl of him, ill ask if his got recipts today,

cheers for that,

Shirokan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Execuitive
I have used these Monroe GT Gas on my Camry and support the Australian Market, however the rear shocks are of China quality and do not last more than a few months.
They fail first with the smallest slushy squeaky sound and then progressively gets louder and worst over the weeks that follow. Complete rubbish design, I would steer well clear of this brand as the quality has gone downhill. I only wish I had read the forums beforehand because it seems to be a consistent problem in the market for Commodores and the like. The ride is too bouncy even after using these with King Springs and the warranty support is a joke.. They do not answer you and even will hang up after you have given them the labour receipts and repair cost because even the HQ know it's another customer telling them something they already know in Australia.