Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

monster tacho mounting positions

paytons_dady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp ssv 5 speed ,vs aclaim
ill sell u mi drift tacho payed 330 for it ill sell u it for 120

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
sounds like il have to look around for a shift light. How do i tell if my tacho is out?

Rev it to the limiter... see where it gets bounced back.

JUST DON'T REV IT IN NEUTRAL!!!

Not that hitting limiter is great for any car at under any circumstance... but doing it in neutral is about the worst thing you can do...

Or you can take it to a Holden I guess... see what they say...

mechanic83

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 hsv clubsport/vx commodore v6
there is nothing wrong with fitting a monster tacho to any vehicle at all, its not a wank anything and there are a few v6 engines getting around that will rev 9000 +.............and those that dont well the tacho isnt built just for cars that do rev up to or over 9000 rpm so at the end of the day unless you race it on a track or street the monster tacho really comes down to an added extra when it comes to custom looks! they look great in any car worked or standard and like ive already said if ya car doesnt rev to the 9 thou or wateva, you can set it to wateva your cars rpm peak wether its 3000 rpm or 5ooo rpm they are their so you dont over rev your engine aswel as a great look in the cabin;]! so if anyone wants to install one then go for it!!!!!!!!!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
there is nothing wrong with fitting a monster tacho to any vehicle at all, its not a wank anything and there are a few v6 engines getting around that will rev 9000 +.............and those that dont well the tacho isnt built just for cars that do rev up to or over 9000 rpm so at the end of the day unless you race it on a track or street the monster tacho really comes down to an added extra when it comes to custom looks! they look great in any car worked or standard and like ive already said if ya car doesnt rev to the 9 thou or wateva, you can set it to wateva your cars rpm peak wether its 3000 rpm or 5ooo rpm they are their so you dont over rev your engine aswel as a great look in the cabin;]! so if anyone wants to install one then go for it!!!!!!!!!

Yes there are cars that rev to 9000rpm, the Ecotec isn't one of them. Stock crankshaft turns into a jigsaw puzzle at about 7000rpm.

That they look great is your personal opinion, myself and many others think they look as crap as a turd.

Yes you can set it for whatever rpm your car maxes out too but then what was the point of getting one that large in the first place. The part you use will be smaller and harder to read while the other half is never used.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Aftermarket tachos are fine for track use.

I would think differently if it were installed in a manual car where you do actually have control over the rev limits.
However a monster tacho in an auto = FAIL
Not only will people laugh at the site of it but it does nothing. You have no control over the rev limit in an auto. Mayaswell get one airbrushed onto the dash. Just as effective.

The new fords are slightly different, Their auto/manual and shift as you shift, VT's dont! You can run it like a manual but it still shifts when it wants to.

Farax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
just put the monster one on ur right hand side of the dash, im putting one in my vy

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
SXC_Sound.. try mounting it on the door, this is what i did with my first car VN S'pak.. pretty much unique and out of view.. cops wont defect it.
39822d1188730513-show-us-ya-interior-image_068.jpg

13793d1189757562-show-off-your-gauges-yumy-carpet3.jpg

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Aftermarket tachos are fine for track use.

I would think differently if it were installed in a manual car where you do actually have control over the rev limits.
However a monster tacho in an auto = FAIL
Not only will people laugh at the site of it but it does nothing. You have no control over the rev limit in an auto. Mayaswell get one airbrushed onto the dash. Just as effective.

The new fords are slightly different, Their auto/manual and shift as you shift, VT's dont! You can run it like a manual but it still shifts when it wants to.

Same with the VX, if it still wants to shift back it will, caught me out one before when i was in 3rd

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
yeah i had my one on the left side of the dash of my old vp 5ltr, but i got mine on the door of my wh now too heaps better and sits in snug next to the dash when i close the door
20122009110.jpg

20122009109.jpg