Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

monster tacho mounting positions

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
Ok first of all - DONT LIKE TACHOS? THINK THEY ARE RICE OR POINTLESS? THEN DONT POST!!

Now, im looking at getting a monster tacho. But i don't want to buy one until i know there is a suitable place to mount them in a vt. anyone with a tacho post up where you have it mounted it will be much appreciated.

Sxc_sound

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
I like tachos fine, ive got one in my VC and in my Magna and they arent pointless. They are very important in fuel economy, gear changes and just to see if its running ok. But i am against the monster ones. They are for tossers who need that extra wank factor to brag to their 13 year old mates. Does the 3.8 rev to 9000rpm? No. So y get a tacho that half of the gauge is past the 3.8's power zone? and please dont tell me that its already got a tacho inbuilt and u want an extra one!?

I laugh at every loser that has 2 tachos, the stock one AND a monster one that doesnt get past half of the gauge cause their V6 doesnt rev that far. So mate dont do it, and even if u dont have a tacho yet get a VT dash that does and keep it nice. Tacho's are for you and you only, only you shoud be able to see it and not every person that drives past.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
monster tacho is overkill, f u dont have the double din h/u use the botto space to put three gauges in. looks better and that way i won have tolaugh at you if i drive past your car

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
i guess no one read the if you don't like monster tachos don't post.....

Yes my car is a vt, of course it has a stocko tacho. I also have a mate with a monster tacho in a vt that proves that the stocko tacho is out by about 400rpm.

ALSO. not all tachos got to like 13k. there are some that goto 9k that i have seen. But as i have said, im not buying one untill i know there is a good spot, if there isnt i wont buy one..

and finally, i have a pod on the pillar with my volt metre in it, i have no use for any other gauges.

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
this is were i put my gauges on my vx mate but its up to you and your rite about the stock gauges being out by about 400 rpm mine is

Last edited:

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
that looks good darty i like it... my mate has his mounted to his door in the corner so when u close the door it sits in nice and snug near the dash... dont have a pic but u should get the idea

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
...just make sure the wires are long enough to open the door fully :p

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
cheers mate i like it too that door idea is good

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I hate monster tacho's aswell, except for the one i brought recently for my VP, Old school Autmometer, black face sportcomp, way before they brought out the shift lights on them:thumbsup:

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
this is were i put my gauges on my vx mate but its up to you and your rite about the stock gauges being out by about 400 rpm mine is

fark that looks alright man. I have a volt meter right about there. i have to measure up the gap behind it and see if a tacho will fit on the dash. What are the legalities of them? can they be up on the dash like that or what