Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monty Monaro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Series II Manual
Mint car, mint job. Does life get any better??

Love the stunning black monaro. So rare to see these lovely girls on the road anymore!
I suspect more have been binned in trees and the rest stored in garages as a retirement investment.

Thanks for sharing!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
So I ended up getting the raw files and a workmate did some editing and photo-shopping and I now have 5 different ones to chose from. Two are of a more painted finish/look. I'm going with one of them witch is the second photo here.

Also pretty certain I'm going with it printed on canvas . Think it suites the style of photo more .
Also because of sizing of the files /photos and also no frame will be a bit smaller physically so I'll be able to hang it in the lounge room .

I want to put it there= you'll see it more and I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at it.
Also helps that it'll be almost half the price by the time you throw in a made frame and non-reflecting glass.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I was immeidately reminded of this clip from Top Gear ;)

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I was immeidately reminded of this clip from Top Gear ;)

Nice.

A couple of workmates suggested I do dounuts around the jet and then just leave, lol.

Not the first time, a few guys have suggested a couple of times including when the supercharger first went on , go out and do burnouts on the tarmac.

Of course they're not serious but secretly hoping to see it .
I know them, they'd be reliving/ bringing that sight up conversations every so often for years!!!!
I do understand the coolness of seeing, especially if you're not the one getting busted afterwards.
But I don't want the free accommodation I would probably get with that !!! ha ha ha

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Photo/canvas turned up this arvo.
Couldn't wait to pick up, in position.

What it's replacing = Port Douglas , 1 mile beach = it's going somewhere where it's size has a better wow / impact= ( really wanted a bigger version but just couldn't spend/ justify) = it is a spectacular shot= not mine,.

The other side of the window = me . And a limited release Ducati print.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Probably a little early in posting ( but can't wait= happy I've finally done this)= no photos = all it is , is ordering = spending money = easy = paying for/ or justifying = harder!!! = well sort of!!!!!
Can't believe it's a bit over 18 months since I did the front bushes and shocks = koni adjustable.

Monaro has been noticeably unbalanced front to rear( I think anyway) for quite a few of the last trips/ drives= not , I believe anywhere near how it once was = for a almost stock ( remembering back to before supercharger and brakes), sort of grand tourer = on rails.

So ordered koni adjustable rear shocks today ( dampening only) = ( same as front stocks except they don't suite super low ), and while they don't totally suite super low the next step is 2 way adjustable and $2000 = not a track car ( or my only toy/ indulgence)= so hopefully balance = back = especially as I'm really leaning towards this for the Christmas run up to ,( to spend Christmas) with my mum and sister and her family again.
Should turn up Tuesday , pick up next Friday = maybe next weekend fit and test drive= run up the valley and also get a few craft brews

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So ordered koni adjustable rear shocks today ( dampening only) = ( same as front stocks except they don't suite super low ), and while they don't totally suite super low the next step is 2 way adjustable and $2000 = not a track car ( or my only toy/ indulgence)= so hopefully balance = back = especially as I'm really leaning towards this for the Christmas run up to ,( to spend Christmas) with my mum and sister and her family again.
Should turn up Tuesday , pick up next Friday = maybe next weekend fit and test drive= run up the valley and also get a few craft brews

You can always ask the family to give you an early Xmas present :)

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
So I fitted the rear Koni shocks in late November and took it for a run up to Hope Brewery in early December.
Very happy , my handling balance is back . They're set to the middle of the rebound adjustment the same as the front.

Even the standard shock tower rubber cover fits back on.

A not very good photo of it washed and waxed with the car bra on ready for my trip up to mums and one of my sisters and her family for christmas.

Parked at mums , you can see in the second photo all the rain drops on it from a lite shower.

It got well and truly rained on later but was still surprising clean for a black car when I got home after around 1800 kms.

As always it performed as it should and was lots of fun , even got to enjoy some nice windy roads.

Sore lots of burnt out bush going up Buckets way , Thunderbolts way and New England hwy and more coming home cutting across SE QLD then Summerland way down to Grafton and then the Pacific hwy.
Although I think down south has copped it even worse the last couple of days.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What did you pay for the Koni's? I'm going to upgrade my rear coils and shocks later this year and would love some Koni's but I imagine they are probably too exi for my old jalopy.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought I payed $690 a pair but just checked the docket and it says $600 .
Still pretty expensive but they are ment to last longer and I would expect them to last 150k to 200k ( not as long as bilsteins but they're next level again).
They are also rebuildable.
These suit fe2 and lower so whether standard and / or vr/vs ute / wagons are less .
You can only enquire = that costs nothing.
As I've said earlier you can adjust the rebound and although I haven't experimented with the rear, ( yet), I did when I fitted the fronts and there's a noticeable difference.
With only fitting carpet in your tray would = easier adjustment = just lift carpet , 2 screws and turn shock pin ( per side).
The monaro with peders springs and konis is way less harsh ( and therefore more comfortable) than the maloo with king springs and bilsteins .
Wondering whether to get some lovels for the maloo.