Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monty Monaro

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
So after more than a month sitting under it's cover had to move it yesterday to get the new compressor in.
Cover was easy to remove and put back on and the monaro was still nice and clean and dust free so happy as.
Also had to put it on the battery charger as it's sat for so long it did just start to struggle a little.
Would have to check exactly how old the battery is but I'm pretty sure it's over 8 years.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
get a trickle maintenance charger for while it's parked up.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
get a trickle maintenance charger for while it's parked up.

Yeah the battery charger is a smart one so will charge and then go into maintenance mode just hadn't put on because I had been using the Monaro fairly regular for the first half of the year= every 2 or 3 weeks it got a run.
I have two trickle chargers the Buell and the Maloo get connected to these after every use as now with the Monaro = OH it's been that long since I last used.

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used the Monaro on Monday to go visit the missius.
It's been living in the carport for a few weeks and was going back in there so drove in .
I normally ( 99% ) reverse down the driveway = narrow beside the house and has always seemed more natural at 4.50 am to drive out instead of reversing.
Anyway there's a drain grate ( it always moves slightly = can hear but never does anything).

GRRRRRRR well on Monday it did kick up jammed/ caught and pushed the sill out = guessing partly caused by driving in instead of reversing.
I was surprisingly not supper annoyed and just OH well need to fix .

Was expecting to need a new sill ( found NOS on fleabay ) but after removing I think it will be fine .
The lower side of the sill has some gouges from a few years ago coming out of Jenolan Caves = just as well I bought the bigger Isopon filler kit from Supercheap earlier today= ( this was mainly for repairing the Maloos front bar = now going to be used on the monaro first).

https%3A//i.imgur.com/5cG8pxe.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/oa49oZu.jpg[/img]']

The bracket is straight now, but tomorrow put the monaro up on the quickjack and take both front wheels off =( get to compare better/look I think ). Needed to do gardening this arvo = bin out for collect tomorrow morning. But it is in the garage now ready.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/jbDVnvW.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/gozKsXg.jpg[/img]']

The DAM offending grate = the one with the corner cut out!!.
Might have to look at some way of Dynabolt and clip down = ( although this is the first issue in 12 or 13 years !!!! ).

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Could your mud spats be the partly the culprit ?
I bought ( supposedly ) front mud spats for the X6, but they wouldn't fit, were OK for the Monaro, but I didn't put them on thinking that something like that would happen on the local shopping centre sped bumps.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Could your mud spats be the partly the culprit ?
I bought ( supposedly ) front mud spats for the X6, but they wouldn't fit, were OK for the Monaro, but I didn't put them on thinking that something like that would happen on the local shopping centre sped bumps.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if not a big influence but still put it down to driving in instead reversing.
The back ones haven't been on in a long long time = damaged .
This one now needs holes repaired .
All 4 need some work = probably a good excuse to get my finger out , fix all of them and trim up shorter = ( they scrape on speed humps).
Then I can get them painted at the same time as the sill.

After posting and then looking at grate photo again = easy enough 4 Dynabolts with some staino washers = I think that's a plan = remove that 1 in 13 year disappointment.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
You need to drop a fat skid over that grate to show it who is boss.

Knowing my luck I'd send down the drive and imbed in a passing car Ha Ha Ha
And then I'd need to show who's the boss to a new grate Ha Ha

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d be sorting that grate. Maybe look at a better designed one or support the two there and securing them would be a solution of sorts.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I’d be sorting that grate. Maybe look at a better designed one or support the two there and securing them would be a solution of sorts.

Yeah the first issue in over a decade but , yeah 4 dynabolts and staino washers should fix .
Don't need to bolt down the full grate = if you hit that you've got way bigger problems/ damage= opps I've just side swiped the car /or worse taken out a pier!!!! It's also the one you want to lift to clean /clear storm water drain = ( although that needs to happen about once in a blue moon) , so the offending grate easily could round off dynabolt nuts = as in it never needs to come up.