Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monty Monaro

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I prefer the black interior. Also would look better with the rear spoiler removed

same, gloss black interior is so nice. I like it so much I changed my Clubsports silver to black. It's a really divisive thing though you either love the fake wood grain look or loathe it.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Well been a bit busy ( preoccupied with the maloo and also had to put the bike back together as I need to take it up to get a pink slip next friday and the maloo going to take up more time as well).
I was able to swap the lower section of the consol over for the correct one, although it's not in as good nick. Put it in tonight . I'm not quite sure how I was picturing it would look but I'm not sure it's as good as I thought it might be , anyway its in and staying for a while.
I do agree the back does look good I just wanted to try something different , definitely will be keeping originals , wrap them in bubble wrap and put them aside.

The power steering fluid is still where its meant to be,so appears the loose clamp was the culprit.
Yes the supercharger does make it go quite a bit better, its fun!! , no glimer drive on it , not yet anyway , but that wine is adictive and thats with the standard airbox and air meter still there. The cover over the radiator (still got to fix it ) and part of the airbox is off at this time and it must allow a bit more noise out because a few people give it a look trying to work out what they're hearing. Had one old bloke next to me in traffic the other month , could't stop looking over at it ( got to make you giggle)

Block of wood holding bonnet up Ha HA new struts installed tonight.

Not very clean or tidy at this point , got a long way to go for it to look neat and special , well apart from the supercharger sitting there

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Mmmmmmmm supercharged

I just wet my pants

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well it's been a while. Radiator has been leaking from a split in the plastic tank from back in April actually , hasn't been leaking a huge amount, but haven't used it much at all and then only short trips like to work.
So finally got a new radiator, upgraded all AL one in anticipation of future mods ,was not bloody cheap.
Fitted it today along with most of a service, hopefully finish that on Tuesday after work.
When I moved it out of garage noticed a fuel smell and found it when I fired it up again to bleed coolant system and warm engine up for oil change.
Those damm swaged hose clamps, had to cut it off and luckily had the right size utlux clamp to put on

Last edited:

cliffo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Series 1
Nice ride...my mate has one the same. Not a fan of the woodgrain dash facia though. Should try to leave it as original as possible. But hey its your ride and its an awesome one...

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks, yeah woodgrain look didn't quite turn out like I thought but I'll keep it in for a while. I do think it looks a bit better in person than in photos.
One thing I like about it is there's 2 different types of opening/closing mechanisms doors for the compartment below stereo and this one is the better one, a lot better quality and is so much less likely to break and my original one does need fixing or properly replacing.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Go the Statesman woodgrain, it doesn't overdo the woodgrain effect as it only goes straight up around the vents and console. When I had my VT calais i ripped out what you have and changed it over to statesman, looked heaps better.