Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monty Monaro

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
So here's my V2 Monaro. I'm fairly new in here but I've owned this since August 2009. It doesn't get used every day but it also doesn't hide in the shed all the time either.
When I bought it it was standard except for a cat back exhaust.
It's a series I V2 CV8 Manual with Hot red interior and had 63,000 klms when I picked it up.
Here are some photos from not long after I got it

So the other day I picked up a woodgrain dash set which I'm looking forward to installing and seeing how it looks

So when it's installed I'll get some photos up.
It's also had some mods done so far. Having owned it for a fairly long time now I'm pretty confident of where I want to go with it and what I want out of it.So as it comes along let me what you think ( opinions and ideas are always welcome although I'm shore most of it is standard fair these days ,you never know when you decide on something you some times get tunnel vision)

Last edited:

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
thats an excellent ride..id keep it as original as possible except for maybe a tad lower only on low springs ( they are about 10-15mm lower than fe2)..the upgrade bug hits though and can be hard to resist...some inside pics would be good...cheers

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
F***ing beautiful! Agree, keep it original, except perhaps a little lower, love Monaros, even the interior, beautiful cars.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
neeeeeds a Monaro bonnet ;) ;)

love black monaro's though, and that red interior - do yourself a favour and clean the leather it comes up real nice.

Not a fan of the Woodgrain dash (got piano black in mine) feels a bit grandpa spec to me.

Keen to see where you take it all the same, looks like it gets treated well.

If you don't already have them (mine didn't) a set of SS pedals sets off the interior nicely.

MEANL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 CALAIS
love the Monaro, do you have pics of the woodgrain in it

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks, guys, visually don't want to change too much, probably a vz monaro bonnet, different wheels and change the color of the badges. Don't know whether to roll the guards and spare wheel well needs a small change. Apart from those two things everything else has to be reverse able.
My first post was probably a bit miss leading. As I said it's already had a few things done, one of these is that it is sitting on king springs ( super lows I think the next ones down from fe2 ) , although I am thinking of going harder rears or the supularly poll air bags.
It's also got ( and I can't believe that at the end of this year it'll be 2 years) a harop supercharger but still running the standard exhaust with cat back and standard air box even with maf meter still in the line. At the same time it also got fitted with bigger discs and harop brake calpers

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
OK so a frustration update, so far the wood grain dash surrounds have been a monumental fail. I was so consumed with looking at the condition of the woodgrain effect that I didn't notice that the lower part around the the gear stick is a different model and does not match up with the main surround, so pretty useless ( I'm a dumb c**t ) ,serve me right for not having my priorities correct and should be fixing the leaking radiator. Hopefully the other surround the wreckers had is still there and it's the one I need and they'll agree to change them over.
So no photos yet! !!

R

Risky

Nice Monaro, but the bonnet needs the nostrils. Every Monaro I see has them & it feels strange looking at yours not having them on there. Nice to know you have larger discs & calipers to stop you when you need it. I'll be looking into that myself later.

Any chance of some interior photos?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks, yeah definitely, probably, Ha Ha thinking of the later model monaro bonnet. Yeah Harop discs and calipers fantastic !!!, not cheap but standard have nothing on them. Here're some photos not of the whole interior , ones I've taken to do with the dash. Interior's not all back together yet because of above problem and also needs a clean.

So the main suround I had to do the cut out for the traction control glue some new foam on and repair two of the tangs.

Anyway a few other problems at this time are as I said the radiator , don't know whether I need to go better aftermarket instead of standard.
Power steering has been leaking from reservoir to pump but at lest it appears to only be a loose clamp and because its been sitting for a while went to start it today and flat battery.

Last edited:

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Looks good m8..Harrop supercharger must give quite a bit more grunt than standard..careful with the monaro bonnets with the nostrils as i know that sometimes they wont clear OTR intakes and might be the same with your supercharger?
Nice brakes too..careful here too if you change wheels as many wheels wont clear the larger calipers...no need to roll guards if wheels are the correct offset and width..Got any engine bay pics..?