Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monty Monaro

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I think Kings are ****.... I wasted money on them before and never again. Rather just pay twice the price for decent quality. Last Kings i bought i think i paid 130 a pair, too cheap to be any good IMHO.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I think Kings are ****.... I wasted money on them before and never again. Rather just pay twice the price for decent quality. Last Kings i bought i think i paid 130 a pair, too cheap to be any good IMHO.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I might add a few of my opinions here!!!
These are sports = firm = not used everday .
On poor aussie roads , when pushed at faster / sporting pace ( above signposted/recommended corner speeds = 2/ 3 to double) ( opps did I say that) would possibly be( my feeling) be slower than than a more compliant ride.
At least with the power I've got = very rear steer.

Losh1971 , with what I've experienced I would say these set on the lowest rebound rate with standard height springs might be acceptable for your use but = yeah they're not cheap but should last longer and be rebuildable.
Why I could justify = I might never need to replace again considering my yearly mileage.

Have read where people go for that price I can get coil overs for those prices but really = quality well renound makers of shocks compared to cheap ase coil overs = for the look and short term ownership= fxxk the next owner/ or yourself down the track .

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah after the maloo I don't think rever again.
Heavy duty long lasting shocks ( no mater the quality )with cheap springs just don't work = a backwards step.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If my ute was some collectable like a Maloo I'd look at high end. So far i am pretty well made up mind in getting Pedder coils. Just deciding on shocks, Koni's would be nice but can't justify on V6 ute. I will look at something decent though.
I hear SCA have some pretty decent shocks...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've still got the kyb from ( rear ) from my 2016 trip / experience = see my maloo ride thread.
Short story one bilstein rear broke in canberra ( on a 2 week road trip holiday)

If you want pm me = $80 + postage for some kyb shocks ( not sure if fe2 height are different) or suite.
Not sure on milage = guessing about 2500/ 3000kms , certainly less than 5000kms

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've still got the kyb from ( rear ) from my 2016 trip / experience = see my maloo ride thread.
Short story one bilstein rear broke in canberra ( on a 2 week road trip holiday)

If you want pm me = $80 + postage for some kyb shocks ( not sure if fe2 height are different) or suite.
Not sure on milage = guessing about 2500/ 3000kms , certainly less than 5000kms
Might be keen. I'm on standard height and not wanting to go lower. But if anyone who is watching this thread reckons these would be a good option i will PM and we might be able to do the deal.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used it today = Fxxk I love this thing !!!!!!!
Soooo much fun !!!!
I'm a Hope Estate beer club member = so have to get at least 2 cases a year. 1 in March and 1 in September .

So a run up to the lower Hunter visit Hunter Beer Company and Hope Estate.
Spirited driving at times = so much fun.

Do think I need to go the next step =( wondering whether my clutch is finally on it's way out= I have been well behaved )= just need to find money or convince to spend .
Did some shopping at woolies earlier, = no paper products on shelves, = really people = still, through luck managed to pick up some semi white gold= paper towel = ha ha ha . Person in front of me was trying to buy 2 lots = so I got 1 , when I put it in the cupboard = thought I had a spare roll =wrong =so lucky!!
Anyone want to pay an exorbitant price to fund monaros next stage = ha ha ha ha.
FxxK a person is smart but people are dumb as bat shxt.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
To fund the next upgrade of the Monaro, sell toilet paper....:) You're bound to find someone willing to pay a little extra for the necessities....

Oh and for the advise, I'll take .5% of your profits :D

Nice looking Monaro by the way

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
To fund the next upgrade of the Monaro, sell toilet paper....:) You're bound to find someone willing to pay a little extra for the necessities....

Oh and for the advise, I'll take .5% of your profits :D

Nice looking Monaro by the way

Thanks.
Lol = toilet paper = what's that= if I don't get any in the next few weeks = guess where the paper towel is going
ha ha ha ha

Hopefully ( won't be next friday though) but in the next few weeks get a new compressor, ( my current one has finally died ), then get fittings/ stuff to do vac bagging of fibreglass and carbon fibre and such.
Plenty of ideas = projects = maybe monaros airbox/ intake =first.