Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More Airflow To My Over The Radiator Intake

adam86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina 3.8 V6
Hello and sorry if its on here somewhere but i couldn't find it

Anyway i would like to know how to get more airflow to the L67 otr intake i have in my vr commodore any help and advice would be great.

Thanks

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Remove the front bumper, lol. I was thinking of this the other day as my trans cooler blocking my A/C condenser and summer time in traffic it struggles to cool, I was thinking of putting another thermo fan in front to help but don't know if its going to be a issue.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The throttle body will suck in what it needs so why do you want more air? Long as the filter is clean then what's do you think your going to gain by more air?

I realise now my response wasn't right, but still wouldn't mind a way to keep the A/C condenser cooler as its sandwiched in between Trans cooler and radiator. Any ideas be appreciated!!

adam86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina 3.8 V6
The throttle body will suck in what it needs so why do you want more air? Long as the filter is clean then what's do you think your going to gain by more air?

I realise now my response wasn't right, but still wouldn't mind a way to keep the A/C condenser cooler as its sandwiched in between Trans cooler and radiator. Any ideas be appreciated!!
The only reason i ask about getting more air to the intake is i drove it by accident with the bonnet not closed properly and noticed better throttle response as the bonnet sat about half inch open on the catch.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The engine will flow better with less restriction. Being close to the lip of the bonnet as the OTRs are not only provides hotter air it provides some restriction. Having the bonnet open would have given you cooler air and thus better throttle response. Like I said the best Commodore intake is the Mace one. Fit one and you will notice the improvement straight away.

adam86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina 3.8 V6
The engine will flow better with less restriction. Being close to the lip of the bonnet as the OTRs are not only provides hotter air it provides some restriction. Having the bonnet open would have given you cooler air and thus better throttle response. Like I said the best Commodore intake is the Mace one. Fit one and you will notice the improvement straight away.
Thanks for the link to Mace i had a look and like what i see and reviews i had read but it will have to wait till after Christmas as i don't have a lot of cash at the moment.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Mine on the VS.
I got the dry pod and no problems.
Got 2 why u ask change pods over can clean dirty pod when I want.
ipvPQGp.jpg