Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More bearing problems- OT

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
G'day,

I'm restoring a rotary hoe for my old man, however, as indicated in the attached pic I can't remove one of the pulleys. I've tried using a gear puller, but to no avail. There was a spring in the centre hole and I somehow got that out (god knows how I'm going to get it back in there). Or, if I can't pull it apart, where do you think I could buy a new one?

Cheers

Matty

Attachments

• pulley.jpg
    pulley.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 134

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Looks like it is designed to be replaced as a complete unit. You might be able to grind the weld off the back so you can press the shaft through the pully then weld it back together after you fit the new bearing. Wouldnt have a clue what the spring does.

matty88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate, any other suggestions anyone?

Would be appreciaeted

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Alright. Couple of questions. is/was that a sealed bearing(did you have to pull a seal out of each side to expose the rolling elements?)
i wouldnt go grinding the weld off the back of that.....you need some bearing plates and put it in a vertical press, that should sort it out.
if you dont have easy access to this, drop in to an engineering shop and if you have the new bearing there, they should be able to rip off the old and press on the new in half an hour

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
i need something like that idler pully bracket for my diy crs kit
any sugestions?

or should i go to the wreckers and find 1?

matty88

Reaction score
Members Ride
There was one plastic seal on the main face on the pulley, and theres a very loose one at the back of it. The pulley is cracked (poor making) so where could I get a new one?

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
matty88 said:
There was one plastic seal on the main face on the pulley, and theres a very loose one at the back of it. The pulley is cracked (poor making) so where could I get a new one?
i dont know if the pulley is cracked due to poor manufacture, it looks like its had a long hard life.....i would get the old one off first, then get some measurements (stub diameter, outside diameter of pulley and offset of pulley) then go around the spare parts places and look to see if anything is applicable. failing that, maybe an agricultural supplier

matty88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it was poorly made, and the measurements are:

Outside Diameter: 101mm
Inside Diameter: 52mm
Width: 50mm