Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More cheap, genuine HSV wheels guys! Have a look!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Lol I know!! But the realist in me says I won’t find rears!

A bird in the hand !!!
Only need the rears and if get a full set + bonus!!!!

Edit: AND now I've just read!!!!

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
There were 9 of the forged blade left when I saw this thread not long ago and now there are 3.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Does it matter?
Not really. If it was me I”d buy four fronts but I’m too practical and like being able to rotate through tyres two at a time.

The tyres start off their life on the front then move to the back half way through their life and when the backs are up for replacement the newies go on the front and the old half worn fronts move to the back.

That way the best tyres are always on the front and tread wear on the fronts is never more than half the original tread depth, ergo decent wet weather performance and handling/braking as the hard work is mostly done by the fronts.

See, I spent far too much time thinking of practicality to ever go for a staggered fitment!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not really. If it was me I”d buy four fronts but I’m too practical and like being able to rotate through tyres two at a time.

The tyres start off their life on the front then move to the back half way through their life and when the backs are up for replacement the newies go on the front and the old half worn fronts move to the back.
That way the best tyres are always on the front and tread wear on the fronts is never more than half the original tread depth, ergo decent wet weather performance and handling/braking as the hard work is mostly done by the fronts.

See, I spent far too much time thinking of practicality to ever go for a staggered fitment!

I understand that reasoning and rotate the tyres on my Focus ST = ( it is my daily ) .
Staggered = you accept a little less and also these days not always a daily.
Not staggered but rears are better than front ( slightly )= ( could only get 2 of the better ATT ).
For my CV8 Bridgestone Adrenalin = never been rotated ( don't know for sure = guessing about a happy medium =of about 39k kms )
With a defendant 29k kms as a superchargered CV8
Definite= overall 49k kms in 13 years=of the car .

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I understand that reasoning and rotate the tyres on my Focus ST = ( it is my daily ) .
Staggered = you accept a little less and also these days not always a daily.
Not staggered but rears are better than front ( slightly )= ( could only get 2 of the better ATT ).
For my CV8 Bridgestone Adrenalin = never been rotated ( don't know for sure = guessing about a happy medium =of about 39k kms )
With a defendant 29k kms as a superchargered CV8
Definite= overall 49k kms in 13 years=of the car .
I couldn’t live with staggered myself on a daily driver that gets driven in the wet. Tyre performance starts to degrade in the wet when tread depth gets down below half way.

If I had staggered I’d be throwing the fronts out when they are at half tread depth and getting them replaced just to get wet weather performance back. Weekender is a different story of course as it’s probably not going to be driven in the wet.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I couldn’t live with staggered myself on a daily driver that gets driven in the wet. Tyre performance starts to degrade in the wet when tread depth gets down below half way.

If I had staggered I’d be throwing the fronts out when they are at half tread depth and getting them replaced just to get wet weather performance back. Weekender is a different story of course as it’s probably not going to be driven in the wet.
I understand!!
The Focus as a performance front wheel drive really needs rotating ( I believe ,religiously , especially )
The CV8 is really only now a toy!!!!

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
There were 9 of the forged blade left when I saw this thread not long ago and now there are 3.
And they’re all gone!

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Looking forward to the next round of sending lowball offers to deluded Facebook Marketplace Scalpers! :D

red_vxr

Reaction score
Members Ride
(don't have a commodore lel)
I'd buy a set of HSV wheels and mount them on my garage wall. I think that would look cool.